005

y/n pov

i woke up around five to get ready. i did my hair and my makeup as usual. then, i got dressed and took a mirror pic and sent it to rodrick on snap saying "like the fit?" and then i facetimed greg. apparently i woke him up. "greg it's almost six what are you doing!" he laughed "we don't have to leave until six thirty, chill out. i know you're excited to see rodrick but chill seriously." "sorry i haven't taken my meds and i'm bouncing off the walls, i'll do that." i smiled "come get me when you're ready" he nodded and i hung up and went to the bathroom. i took my meds, brushed my teeth, my hair again, and touched my makeup up. i was pleased with the result. i thought i looked good so i put music on and started dancing to teen beach movie songs. i sang along to the stupid musical songs, knowing my mom was at work. after about ten minutes i put on perfume and deodorant and went downstairs. i grabbed my bookbag and went to the kitchen. there was a note from my mom, 'hi honey! take pics for me with Greg and Rodrick! love you so much, seeya later. here's lunch money honey!'

i pocketed the 20 and walked outside to greg's. frank let me in and susan was taking pictures. i stood with greg and took some awkward ones while rodrick laughed and then we posed for our own. then she wanted one of me and rodrick. oh god.. he walked over and put his arm around me. i felt myself blush and put mine around his waste awkwardly and he pulled me closer. i giggled and she snapped a few photos. "awww y/n and her crush so cute!" "seriously?" i blushed and ran outside. i got into rodricks van and sat in the passengers side. i looked through his stuff quickly. nothing interesting until.. a notebook? seems cool. i opened it and saw pages of song lyrics but they were love songs? he didn't play those? and notes on the sides. 

i saw my name and then heard people. i stuffed the book down onto the floor and waited for rodrick and greg. "h..hey guys!" "greggys mad he's gotta sit in the back." rodrick laughed and greg rolled his eyes "sorry man, i called shotgun. da rules is da rules." i giggled and caught rodrick smiling at me. i snapped in his face and he jumped. me and greg laughed and he rolled his eyes as we started off.

loud music played. it was lady fucking gaga? bad romance. aha definitely a me and rodrick song. "i want your love! love love love!" i sang along "I WANT YOUR LOVE AND ALL YOUR LOVERS REVENGE YOU AND ME COULD WRITE A BAD ROMANCE!" greg sang along and Rodrick played the drums on his steering wheel before turning it down. "y/n, come sing at band practice today?" i smiled at him and he put a hand on my thigh, oh god "yes anything" i mentally face palmed and he gripped my thigh before moving his hand. greg didn't notice. i was blushing like crazy and we pulled up to the school. i stood behind Rodrick as he led us to the office "thank you rodrick"

i smiled and waved as he nodded and walked off. i really like him. "Greg show me your schedule." he handed it to me and we compared classes. "okay we have every class besides music because mine is more advanced and then math and i hate math. great" we smiled and walked to biology. plopping down next to each other it was an easy class. i wasn't worried about the day with greg.

i stepped into my first class without greg. i walked in and looked around for a good seat. i walked to the back and saw rodrick. shit. advanced music and i get to see him? perfect! i sat next to him and tapped his shoulder "hey you alive?" he looked at me "what're you doing in here dweeb?" i kissed my teeth. ouch. "we have music together i guess." he smiled slightly and sat up. we sat at tables of four and ethan came in with michael and they sat with us. "rod what's your girl doing here?" "i'm not his girlfriend, i have advanced music because i'm talented unlike you fools." they laughed and rodrick nudged me "watch it princess he's sensitive" 

i laughed and we got quiet. things were awkward for me, a class full of seniors? how fun. other than that, the class went well. before the bell rang to excuse us, the teacher smiled warmly at me, "alright class so we have one lower-classman in here so i'd like you all to be extra nice to her. stand up please, ms. y/ln" i stood up, smiled awkwardly, waved, then sat down quickly and put my head down. rodrick knew how much stage fright i had and i was terrified of talking to hid friends. while texting one night, he agreed to help me get over it. then he whispered in my ear "baby steps darlin" and rubbed my back a little. i smiled and then the teacher spoke one last time. "alright and now for your homework. i want you in either your groups of four or pairs to cover a song of your choice. you'll have three weeks. come to me if you need any materials." the bell finally rang.

the final bell rang and greg and i stood up and walked out to the parking lot. i walked over to rodricks van and he wasn't inside so we waited a few minutes then saw him coming out with his band members. "yo dorks, loaded diapers coming home with us so pile in." "oh shit shotgun!" i called and hopped in the passengers seat. i loved sitting beside rodrick. since he was driving he couldn't see me basically drooling over him anyways. apparently his band members do though, "damn y/n you really have it hard for this asshole don't you?" i looked back at michael "is it your mission to taunt me?" he nodded and they all laughed. i rolled my eyes and he put his hand on my leg "ah no worries princess. they can suck it when they see you at our next gig as my date." he looked at them in the rear view mirror and they looked shocked. greg looked pissed. "ah greggy, you mad i stole your girl?" "shut up rodrick you just wanna fuck her and dump her and then i'm gonna be there picking up the pieces as always." "greg! dude? what the fuck!" i looked at him and fumed. everyone else was silent as i yelled, "stop talking! now!" i sat back in my seat and put my earbuds in. they talked and i ignored them. i hummed along and thought about what greg said. maybe he was right and maybe i overreacted. he only started showing interest in me when i got tits. why do boys suck?

when we got home i was going inside when Rodrick grabbed my wrist and pulled me back "and where do you think you're going little lady?" he's touched me so much today jesus i'm gonna explode. "inside?" "no no no, you told me you'd sing with us." i smiled "yes that was before your brother humiliated me along with your friends." he chuckled at my words "cmon don't flake on me" he made puppy dog eyes and i couldn't resist. i nodded and he pulled me in. they handed me the mic "okay pick a song" ethan smiled at me. "why? i have awful music taste." they laughed, "it can't be that bad if rodrick is letting you sing for us." i shrugged, "fine, fine." i showed them a song and we ran through it a few times. the band members were impressed to say the least, i was quite impressed with myself as well.

then rodrick spoke, breaking the silence, "you should sing for us more often. like at our next gig? and for the project at school?" i smiled and they nodded "o-okay alright that sounds fun." i was excited to have friends. we hung out and i watched them play for a little while before they all left. then it was just rodrick and i. "so why that song? and why did you seem so angry?" i swallowed the knot in my throat, "some fatherly issues." "daddy issues, nice." i laughed and nudged him, "shut up. are you seriously just an asshole?" "am i just an asshole?" "yes!" "well no i've got arms and legs and-" i nudged him again and bursted out laughing. "no more south park references!"