1 Trapped in Atlanta 1

This chapter is gonna be a tad short, but the next ones will continue on much longer, I promise.

(Chapter 1: Trapped in Atlanta)

"In in in!" I yelled at everyone, holding open the door to a random store, shoot a couple rounds at some walkers that got to close for comfort. As soon as Merle walked in (cause he was at the back) I quickly closed the doors and locked it, panting.

"That was too close." Glenn noted as I locked the second set of door. "Now what?"

I looked around the area, noticing the racks apon racks of clothing, jewelry by the cashier, and a wall of shoes. I needed new shoes, so I stepped over to the wall, finding a pair I liked in my size. "Find the stairs, head to the roof, and call in." I say, taking down a pair of red converse.

I can feel Merle staring into my back as I move around, hoping onto the counter and switching my shoes. Once I finished I looked up, seeing it was only me and Merle left in the main area.

"Hello Cherryblossom." He cooed, leaning on the counter beside me.

I cringed at is tone, looking at him questioningly. "Where'd that name come from?"

"Your sent. Duh." He smirked, sniffing in my direction. I lifted my arm and smelled my wrist. "If you don't believe me, take a wiff of your hair." I did just that, still not smelling anything.

"You are way off your rocker there Dixon." I groaned, hopping off the counter and heading for the back where I noticed a 'fire exit' sign, where I found stairs leading to the roof access. I headed up, finding everyone else already up there, searching for a signal on the C.B radio receiver.

"Calling in from Atlanta. Come back" T-dog said into the receiver, looking down at the walker filled streets. "Base camp do you read?"

I walked up beside him, looking down at the infested roads. This was going to take a while to get sorted. We need a plan to get out of here.

—————

It's been over three hours, and we were still stuck in the store we found as refugee for the time being. T and I were chilling against the roof edge, switching back and forth with the receiver. It was getting ridiculous. We couldn't reach anyone.

I stood up, looking down at the streets again, noting just how surrounded we were.

"This is stupid." Merle spoke up. "Why are we still sitting on our asses?"

"Shut up you flee bag of a redneck." I growled, keeping my eyes on the ground below. "If you utter one more word without being asked to speak, I'll-" I stopped short. Hearing growling getting louder as well as shots being fired.

"You'll what, shortcake?" He pushed, making me snap my hand back, noting him to stay quite.

Glenn came up beside me, looking around. We both saw a horse go down, with a man making a break for the tank.

"Holy shit." He said, snatching the receiver from T-dog, earning a strange look from the darker male. A shot rang out from inside the tank, causing me to flinch a little. 

I watched with wide eyes, never tearing them from the tank. If he was alive and inside, that meant he could be saved. Not by me, but by Glenn, consider he's faster.

The man popes his head out of the top, quickly closing the hatch as walked started climbing up towards him.

After a while, Glenn finally divided it would be a good idea to call in, making sure he's alive and all, to which we received a pleasant surprise.

A voice came back through. Making me smile from the first time in a hot minute.

(End of chapter 1)

Let's try this again, shall we?

Hewwo humans. You can all me Stoner, and I am here to try and write this story again. It's starting off differently than how I did it a while back, which is fine. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this fanfic.

If you find this book to be boring and UN readable, I highly recommend hopping over to a book called 'Apocalypse Love' by DevilsMischief