9 Off to the CDC we go 9

(Chapter 9: off to the CDC we go)

I woke up a little this this morning, finding all my bologna gone, other then a change of clothing placed in a nearby chair. I quickly got dressed and headed out to see what was going on. Everyone was packing up their tents and getting all of their belongs into a few vehicles. As soon as Daryl lakes his eyes in me, he wandered off towards our tent, packing it up. I looked around for where my stuff could've gone, and long behold, it was thrown into the bed of Daryls pickup truck.

Daryl soon came back with the tent bag in hand and tossed it into his pickup, just as everyone else was doing the same with their choice of transport. I walked over to where Shane and Rick stood, everyone soon followed suit.

"Everybody listen up." Shane started. "Those of you with C.B.s, we're gonna be on channel forty. Let's keep the chatter down okay?" Everyone slowly nodded, slowly taking in the fact that we were really leaving the mountain top. "Now, you got a problem and don't have a C.B., can't get a signal or anything at all, your gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?" He finished, looking around the group.

"We're..." Morales started, holding his wife and children close to his side. "We're not going." He stated, looking towards Rick.

"We have family in Birmingham." His wife clarified. "We want to be with our people."

"You won't have any backup with something goes south." I pointed out, turning towards the family.

"We'll take the chance." He nodded, offering a smile. "I got to do what's best for my family."

Rick stared at him, questioning his actions. "You sure?"

"We talked about it." Morales quickly noted, smiling at his wife. "We're sure."

"Alright." Rick nodded, quickly handing him a gun and some ammo for the road. Daryl scoffed at his, rolling his eyes.

Everyone walked up to the family, giving them hugs and good luck wishes on their travels. The little girl of the family gave Sofia her Doll as a parting gift. They wandered over to their car, quickly getting in and heading off. Everyone else followed suit, getting into their own vehicles, starting them up.

I hoped into Daryls truck, offering a smile "High ho~ high ho~ off to the CDC we go~" I sang. He looked less then impressed.

First went the RV with Dale, Andrea, Glen, T-dog, Jim and Jaquie, then Shane in his jeep, Rick, Lori, Carol, Sofia and Carl Carols Cherokee after him, with me and Daryl taking up the rear in his truck.

We were driving for about half an hour to 45 mints at most when we had to pull over, due to smoking coming out of the RV. Andrea, Daryl, Shane, Rick, Dale and Glen got out of their vehicle to investigate. I was told to stay out, so I grabbed a book out of one of the bags Daryl packed, flipping it open to start a new story.

After a few minutes, of reading, I got about a quarter into my book, when Jacque approached the truck. I marked the page with a god ear, closed it, and looked towards her.

I offered her a small smile. "What's up gorgeous?" I asked

He smiled back sadly. "It's Jim. He wants to be left here. Care to say a fair well?"

I pressed my lips, and slowly got out of the truck, striding over to where Jim lay under a tree with a few people around him. He looked over to me and nodded. I only crossed my thumb and pointer finger in both hands, creating hearts. I kissed my crossed fingers, and felt a tear fall down my check. I quickly walked off again before I could see anyone else lose their emotions to him.

Daryl steeped into the truck once more and started it, waiting for everyone to pull forwards. He glanced at me, a look of concern crossed his features.