Chapter 2

Lindy's POV

It's been almost an hour and Paige isn't back yet. I mean, she should be. Considering, Taco Bell is a couple blocks away.

"Guys. Where's Pa-" I was cut off by my phone. I looked at the screen and it was a number without a contact. I turned away from them and answered it.

Me: hello?

Unknown: hi. Is this Linda Rodriguez?

Me: yes. May I ask who's speaking?

Unknown: um. This is the California Hospital Medical Center.

Me: okay. And why did you call me?

Hospital: your friend, Paige Howard, was in a car crash with an 18-wheeler just ten minutes ago.

Me: What? Are you serious?

Hospital: Unfortunately, yes. I am so sorry. We called you because you were her most recent contact.

Me: I'll be right there

I hung up the phone and turned to my friends. "Paige.." That was all I could get out before I started sobbing, uncontrollably.

"What happened?" Mahogany asked, frantically. "S-she was in a c-car accident." I sobbed. They stood up, pulling me with them and Autumn grabbed the car keys.

We rushed out of the complex and got into the car. "What hospital?" Autumn asked. "California H-hospital Medical Center." I said.

She nodded. Within twelve minutes, we were there. I got out the car as fast as possible and rushed through the doors. I ran to the front desk, receiving glares from everyone.

I looked at the receptionist. "Paige Howard. What room room is she in?" I managed to ask without crying. "I'm sorry. No visitors are allowed in there right now. You'll have to wait." The lady said.

"NO. I AM NOT FUCKING WAITING. MY BEST FRIEND IS IN WHATEVER ROOM SHE'S IN, INJURED." I screamed. I then trembled to the floor, sliding down the desk and bringing my knees to my chest.

Mahogany and Autumn came in and looked at me. Autumn rushed over, not knowing when I'm heated while upset, not to come near me. "AUTUMN NO." mahogany warned. Autumn stopped walking and turned around.

I continued to cry, everyone staring. "M." I said, tears rushing down my face. Mahogany came over to me and came into eye level. "Yeah, babe." She said. "Calls the guys." I continued to cry.

She pulled out her phone and walked away. A doctor came up to me. "Miss. Are you alright?" He asked me. "NO." I shouted, causing more tears to fall. "What's wrong?" He asked. "The bitch won't let me see my friend." I said, making a hand motion.

"What's the patient's name?" He asked. "Paige Howard." I replied. "I will make this exception. Follow me." He said and stood up, giving me his hand. I took it and he walked through the hall. He stopped at a door and looked at me.

"Now. Miss Howard has fractured her left foot, broken her right wrist, and sad to say, is in a coma." He said to me. "Okay." I held back my tears. "Are you ready to go in?" He asked. I nodded. "Thank you so much doctor.." I looked for his name.

Rosario. "Doctor Rosario. Thank you." I said and hugged him. "No problem. Now, go in." Dr. Rosario said. I nodded and went through the door.

I closed the door and took a deep breath. "Just turn around." I said to myself.