Chapter 4

Sam's POV

The way Lindy clung to me I felt so bad. I wanted to cry, but felt as if I had to stay strong for the girls.

The doctor came of the us. "Yes." I said. "Only two people may stay with Ms. Howard." The doctor smiled, sympathetically. "Jc. Lind. You guys go." I said.

They both wiped their eyes and followed the doctor to the room. Kian looked at me. "Who's the girl by M?" He asked. I liked over there and tried to remember. "Oh yeah. That's Autumn." I said.

"She's really pretty." Kian's eyes widened. I smiled. "You're a dork." I laughed.

Jc's POV

Lindy and I sat in the room with Paige. I looked at my girlfriend, lying very still in the hospital bed. I can't believe the last time we were here, was Lindy's suicide attempt. Paige looked so pale, so helpless.

This is all my fault. I shouldn't have asked her. "Lind." I said, quietly. "Yeah." Lindy sniffled. "It's all my fault." I put my head in my hands. "No it's not, Jc." She said.

"It is. I asked her to come out to pick us up from the airport. We wanted to surprise you for your birthday." I explained. "It doesn't mean it's your fault." Lindy said and got up, walking over to me.

She sat on my lap and pulled me to her. "It's okay. Shh, don't cry." She whispered. I hadn't realized I was crying. "You wanna know something?" Lindy asked me. "What?" I sniffled and wiped my tears.

"I hate hospitals." She said. I laughed and looked at her. "I love you." I smiled. "I know." She smiled. "And I love you too." She added with a laugh.