She's Gone

The previous day

“Okay, everyone, listen up!” Captain Cragen said, watching as everyone in the squadroom gathered together. “I received a sketch this morning of a man suspected of kidnapping a woman from a hospital parking lot in Seattle.”

“If this happened in Seattle, why did you get the sketch?” Elliot asked.

“Because it’s William Lewis.” Cragen said, showing the sketch on the bulletin board.

“Son of a bitch,” Elliot and Olivia said together.

“Benson and Stabler will be taking point on this but I want everyone taking calls and tips in case something comes in regarding this. Thank you,” Cragen said, watching as everyone dispersed and started answering the phones.

“You two are on the next plane to Seattle,” Cragen said, walking over to Olivia and Elliot.

“I’ll call the kids and let them know,” Elliot said, taking his cell phone out of his pocket.

“Okay,” Olivia said, watching Elliot walk up to the cribs.

“You gonna be okay?” Cragen asked, concerned.

“I will be once we catch him.” Olivia said determinedly.

“Just be careful and come back in one piece, got it?” Cragen asked as Elliot walked back toward him and Olivia.

“Got it.” Elliot and Olivia said as they grabbed their jackets and left.

Once they got home, they packed and left for the airport. Boarding the plane, Olivia took a deep breath.

“You okay?” Elliot asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Olivia said, knowing Elliot didn’t believe her.

“I’m here,” Elliot said softly as he grabbed her hand and intertwined her fingers with his.

“I love you,” Olivia said with a soft smile.

“I love you, too,” Elliot said, kissing her temple softly.

- - - - - -

Once they landed, they dropped their bags off at the hotel and drove to Meredith Grey’s house.

They knocked on the door and waited. “Can I help you?” Meredith asked.

“Hi, I’m Detective Elliot Stabler. This is my partner Detective Olivia Stabler, we’re from the Manhattan Special Victims Unit. May we come in?”

“Yes, please come in,” Meredith replied. “I’m sorry, you said you’re from Manhattan SVU, what are you doing in Seattle?”

“When was the last time you saw your sister, Ms. Grey?” Olivia asked.

“I- I saw her in the ER. We invited her over for dinner but she never showed up. I tried calling and texting her but she never responded or showed up for work.”

“One of your co workers, April Kepner saw your sister getting forced into a truck. Do you recognize this man?” Olivia said, handing the sketch to Meredith.

“It looks like the person Lexie treated in the ER, I think his name was Tristan?” Meredith said.

“Ma’am, his real name is William Lewis. He’s a serial kidnapper that SVU has been trying to apprehend. That’s why we’re here.” Olivia said.

“You’re telling me my sister has heen kidnapped?” Meredith whispered, taking a seat on the couch. She wouldn’t believe it, she didn’t want to.