Chapter 3

I checked my phone once before locking the door to my apartment. Sliding my phone into the front pocket of my blue jeans, I made my way towards the stairs to go to my car. As I made it down towards my car, I shrugged my bomber jacket on over my white t-shirt. It wasn't meant to be very cold, but I knew it was better to have a second layer in case the weather took a turn for the worst.

Turning the key to start my car, I glanced at Shane's address that he had texted me an hour ago. Since him and Elliana lived side by side, I only needed one address.

When I arrived, I walked to the door and knocked. I heard footsteps and the door opened. I looked down, surprised to see Elliana instead of Shane.

"Hey Bennett! Shane's almost ready, he just had to go back to his house to grab his wallet." Elliana smiled up at him, looking ethereal in a pale pink dress that was fitted on the top and flowed out daintily from her waist.

I shook myself out of the daze I was in. "Alright. Should we go see if he's ready?" I questioned.

"Sure!" She nodded, before practically skipping across the grass to what I assumed to be Shane's house. Why had Shane given me Elliana's address?

I followed her across the grass just in time to see Shane open the door to his house and lock it behind him. His eyes met mine, and his lips turned into a smug smile.

"You both ready to go?" He asked, twirling his keys around his finger.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'll drive."

I climbed into the drivers seat, and Shane practically dove into the back seat. I furrowed my brows, before noticing Elliana delicately sliding into the front seat, making sure her dress didn't ride up.

My eyes darted to Shane, glaring, immediately knowing this was his doing. I sighed.

I pulled out of the driveway, and drove in silence, aside from the quiet radio in the back ground and the occasional directions from Shane.

When we got near the house, I turned the car off and made my way around the car. I opened the car door for Elliana before I even realized what I was doing. She stepped out, her white shoes glowing in the dim light of dusk. Shane caught my eye from behind her and smirked. I closed my eyes. He's never going to give this up.

Opening them up again, I closed Elliana's door and motioned for Shane to lead the way. He led us around a medium sized house, through a gate, and into the backyard.

A fire was lit in a fire pit and there were about 5 guys scattered around it, drinking beer in a relaxed manner. It wasn't surprising to me, but at the same time felt very odd to be bringing Elliana to a place with alcohol and teenage boys. I was smart enough to know that it was rarely a good combination.

Shane called out, "James!" A tall boy with slightly styled short hair walked forward meeting Shane in the middle and greeting him with a bro handshake.

"This is Bennett, he's the new kid I told you about." Shane introduced.

"Hey man, welcome! There's beer on the deck in the cooler, pop too if your not drinking." James explained.

"Thanks." I replied before reciprocating the bro handshake.

"Hey Elliana!" James exclaimed, only seeing her now. "There's juice in the kitchen if you want, my mom would love to see you again." He smiled at the petite girl.

She grinned back, "I'd love to talk to Mandy again! I'll be back in a few minutes, okay Shane?" He nodded in response, and she scurried towards the door off of the deck in the backyard.