Train Ride

When Lily Evans woke up on September 1st, it wasn't to her alarm. No, it was to a certain anxiety-filled gremlin, who was stress eating fruit and drinking all the juice in the house. When Rose finally noticed her sister staring at her, like she was Petunia on her period, Rose just gave her a sheepish smile. "Sorry for waking you" she whispered into the darkness that separated them. "Your fine, we have to get ready anyways" Lily answered with an understanding smile.

The two twins got ready for the long train ride together, packing books and a deck of playing cards. Lily made sure Rose didn't forget anything and Rose made sure to pack anything Lily missed into the girl's trunk. "Girls!" "Yes mum" the twins yelled in unison. "We're leaving soon. Make sure you're packed and ready." their mother yelled up the stairs. The sisters then zoomed around the house grabbing anything they needed, Lily stole back anything Petunia took and Rose grabbed their favorite snacks in case they got hungry on the train. "Ready!" both twins yelled at the same time, then laughed as Petunia complained about it being creepy.

~~~

When the girls arrived at the train station they looked around for their best friend until they finally spotted the boy saying bye to his parents. "Sev" they shouted, then they looked at each other and shivered, it really did get creepy sometimes. Said boy looked over and smiled, he hugged his mother then headed their way. "So, you two ready?" "Yep" the girls once again said at the same time. "That's it, I'm done talking" Rose yelled in exasperation. Severus and Lily just laughed at the youngest of their group.

As they made it to platform 9 and 3/4 they all stopped to see the giant read train. "All aboard" yelled a man in a fancy uniform. All three of the children headed straight to the train, but Rose looked back to see a little boy about a year younger than her staring at her. She smiled and waved as he did the same, until his parents walked over. Then he stopped, wide-eyed as if he had been caught doing something bad. As his parents looked at her she quickly acted like she was scratching her head and looking around. The boys parents rolled their eyes and turned away, Rose quickly sent the boy a thumbs up and he smiled.

"Rosy, where did you go?" Rose turned to the sound of Lily's voice and ran to it. "Sorry Lil's, I got distracted." "Its fine, I just don't want to loss you." her sister said concerned. "And you won't," Rose said with a reassuring smile. "Do you want some candy?" she asked Lily, trying to cheer her up. "You always know what to say" Lily giggled and Rose soon joined in, handing her sister a lollipop.  "Girl's we need to find a compartment." Sev's voice cut the twins giggling short. "Ok" they said together, causing another giggle fest.

Eventually Lily found a compartment with two boys in it who let them join. As soon as Rose sat down she pulled out her book. "Hello, I'm James Potter," said a boy with messy hair and round glasses. "And I'm Sirius Black" said the boy with longish neat hair and a charming smile, when he said his last name Rose saw Severus stiffen. "Hi, I'm Lily and this is Rose" Lily said pointing to her sister who was rereading 'Fantastic Beasts' for at least the third time. "And this is our friend Severus" Sev simply nodded his head.

"So, what house do you want to be in?" James asked, trying to break the ice. "Anything but Slytherin" Sirius grumbled, causing Rose to look at him. "Whys that?" Sev asked, but James quickly cut him off. "I want to be in Gryffindor, like my parents." "That's nice" Rose said, sending the boy a kind smile. "Maybe you two can be in the same house" she said, going back to reading, only partially paying attention. "Gryffindor is full of bone heads who have zero common sense" Sev said causing Lily to look hurt. When Rose registered his words she quickly replied "Lily wants to be a Gryffindor and I think she fits perfectly. So is Lily a bone head with zero common sense?" her words filled with a warning tone, telling him to choose his next words carefully "I bet your a Slytherin" Sirius said accusingly, trying to keep the girls out of the argument. "Yes I am" Sev replied.

The compartment went silent for a moment. Then the two boys started making fun of Sev and Lily had had enough. "That's it, we are finding a different compartment" Lily said after the boys had made fun of Severus' name. "Oh, ok" Rose said looking up again. Then Lily dragged her sister and best friend out. But Rose being Rose smiled as they left, pointing to where she was just sitting.

In her seat sat some chocolate with a little note 'You may have been a bit rude but at least you started out nice. I can see that there is a reason you don't like Slytherin. so I wont hold it against you.'  They both looked at each other before reading what she wrote at the bottom. 'P.S. You must SHARE!!' "Well, she's a bit odd." "Yeah. But in the best way." "I agree completely."