Fifth Year

Rose stood next to Lily as they waited for Marlene to come through the portal onto Platform 9 ¾. Marlene had spent the night with the girls because her parents were busy and their parents were happy to give Marlene a ride. Once Marlene had made it through, they all started the search for the rest of their little group.

They found Mary and Dorcas waiting not far from the entrance. "Mary, Dorcas, over here," Lily yelled out to her fellow Gryffindors. Rose and Marlene had a different idea, they ran towards the two girls and soon they were all four in a dog pile on the ground. "I swear. Every year I end up at the bottom of one of these." All five girls laughed at Rose's words before Lily threw herself on top of them. "Bloody hell, Lily. Little bit of a warning next time." Marlene huffed out as she tried to wiggle out from under Lily. "Well, you didn't bloody warn us," Mary yelled as Alice found them. "How did Lily end up on top but Rose is on the bottom?" "Oh, hello Alice. Wait a damn minute, I jumped on you! How in the name of Merlin did I end up here?" Everyone just stared at Rose as she looked up, seemingly contemplating life itself.

"Oh, look what we have here." "James, help!" James chuckled as the Hufflepuff girl tried to claw her way out. "Alright, up, up. Can't flatten the only person who keeps us from getting hurt." James told the other girls as he helped Rose stand. "And feeds us." "And fixes our clothes." "And makes sure we make it to classes." "And helps us with homework." "And-" "Hold on a minute," Rose said, cutting into their little conversation. "Why do you make me sound like your bloody Mum?" "Because you are, Rosy" Everyone turned to see the Black boys walking towards them. "Oh, wow, thanks Reg," Rose mumbled as the others laughed.

"Rosy, hug me," Sirius whined, but before he could hug her a blur ran past and nearly tackled the girl. "Hello, Peter." Rose giggled as the boy buried his face in her shoulder. "You'll never guess who I just saw." Peter whispered "Who Pete?" "Crouch." Rose looked behind the boy to see if the mentioned student was still in sight. "Where Pete?" "Just outside the train, Rosy. He started to walk towards me but I saw Sirius walk this way so I ran."

Now, you might be thinking that Peter was being a little dramatic. He wasn't. Barty Crouch had decided last year that he was going to torment Peter Pettigrew for as long as he could. All because Peter was friends with the Black boys and Regulus wouldn't give Crouch the time of day. So, when Rose found Peter crying in an abandoned hall one day, Crouch ended up in the Hospital Wing with some unknown problem. After all, no respectable Slytherin could say that they were beaten to a pulp by a Hufflepuff Muggleborn.

After Rose was able to calm Peter down, everyone else got their hug and waited till Remus showed. After a few minutes of chatting about random things, Rose spotted Hope Lupin, Remus' actual mother. "Oh, over there. Mama Hope, Mama Hope." Rose started to yell as the group ran towards the women in hope of finding her son. "Oh, Rose dear. How lovely it is to- oof." Rose threw herself at the woman and snuggled into her sweater that always smelled like chocolate chip cookies.

"Godric, Rose. Don't go knockin' over my mum." "She's not just yours, Remus. I've claimed her as my second mum, too." Rose's voice was muffled as she replied. "I thought my mum was your second mum?" James questioned as Rose finally removed her face from Hope's sweater. "Well, um. I have three mums?" Everyone laughed at Rose as she returned her face to Hope Lupin's sweater. "Come on, Rosy. Don't I get a hug?" Remus asked as he tried to pry the girl from his mother. "No."

Eventually, Rose let go of Mrs. Lupin and the group made their way towards the train. "So, this year, we finally find out how Reg got into Hufflepuff commons, yeah?" Marlene asked the group as she gave Regulus the stink eye. "I'm never gonna tell you." Regulus sang as he gave her a smug smile. "Bloody hell mate." Mary joked as she nudged the younger boy.

The group split into two as they found empty compartments next to each other. The ride to Hogwarts was calm until Marlene grew bored and decided to start a game with the boys. Remus, Rose, and Lily all had to leave to go to their Prefect meeting and came back to a complete mess. All eight of their friends were in one compartment playing truth or dare and eating just about the entire trollies' worth of candy. Regulus told them that if they didn't want a mess then they shouldn't have taken all of the responsible people with them.

When they reached Hogwarts, Rose made sure they had cleaned up their mess and were all dressed properly. She had to help Peter with his tie because his hands were covered in chocolate and had to bribe Regulus into putting on his scarf. Marlene refused to put on a skirt so Rose had to find trousers that fit her and then Dorcas realized her socks didn't match. Let's just say that Rose really felt like their mother.

They had to take three carriages to get to Hogwarts from the station and Rose made sure that a 'responsible' person was in each. She sent Lily, Mary, Alice, and even Frank in the first one. Then sent Remus with Sirius, Peter, and James. Then finally her, Regulus, Marlene, and Dorcas in the last one. By the time the carriage stopped, Rose was shoving the other three out, realizing that since she sent James with Remus that Lily would probably say something mean and hurt his feelings, again.

All eleven students walked towards the Great Hall in a cluster. James tried to flirt with Lily while Regulus and Rose tried to keep the two separated. Neither wanted to deal with the complaints later that night. Once they reached the Great Hall, they split into their houses. They only had to sit with their houses on special occasions, the Welcoming Feast was one of them. So, they sat and listened as the sorting began.

AN: Double update to hopefully make up for the time skip. I honestly just didn't know how to write good chapters based on their younger years. I hope everyone is okay with the jump and I'm sorry if you were looking forward to their second through fourth year.