Lesson

A week had gone by and Rose still hadn't spoken to the two Gryffindor boys. Every time one of them tried to speak to her, she'd simply ignore them and walk away. James and Sirius had had enough of the silent treatment and decided to corner the girl outside the library.

"Evans!" Sirius yelled when he spotted Rose trying to leave unnoticed. Rose simply kept walking and didn't even look their way.  "Hey! Don't ignore us! Please, Rosy." James all but begged the Hufflepuff. Rose sighed, unable to ignore the boys any longer. "Yes?" Rose asked, turning to the two boys. James and Sirius let out a relieved sigh as she looked at them.

"We're sorry." James said, not looking up at the Hufflepuff. "More then sorry." Sirius continued, trying not to let his emotions show. Rose just looked back and forth between the two boys. "Oh, I know that."

Both boys didn't know how to respond to the girl who just gave them a blank look. "Then, will you speak to us again?" Sirius asked in a voice so small, Rose had to strain her ears to hear it over the other students in the hallway. "What do you mean?" She asked the boys with a confused look on her face.

James and Sirius just looked at her for a second before looking down again. "You've been avoiding us." Sirius said, looking like a kicked puppy. "And ignoring us." James continued. "Oh, yes well, I guess that means you've learned your lesson then?"

Lesson? This was all to teach them a lesson? Both Gryffindors looked up with confusion plastered on their faces. Neither boy realized that ignoring them had hurt Rose just as much as it hurt them, but Rose needed them to realize that their actions have consequences. If they were to be expelled, they may never see Rose again, and that knowledge hurt the young girl.

"Wait. So, are you still angry with us?" Sirius asked, not noticing the boy coming up behind them. "No, actually, she hasn't been angry with you at all." All three heads turned to the older student dressed in yellow. "In fact, she's been all gloomy this past week. I suppose now I know why." The boy said as he approached Rose, who simply gave him a hug.

"Where's Dromeda?" Rose asked the stranger as the boys just looked between them. "Off with Narcissa, I believe." "Oh."

"Wait. You know my cousins?" Sirius asked, looking at the boy again to see if he recognized him. "Well, I know Andromeda. Tonks, Edward Tonks. Though most people just call me Teddy."

Rose's nose scrunched up after hearing his first name. "Edward? Sounds like a basic vampire name. Are you secretly a vampire?" Teddy just pulled a face at the girls words, trying not to laugh. "Yes." Was all he said as he flashed her a smile.

"Well then. Guess I should warn Dromeda to not eat garlic." Rose replied, pretending to ponder over the thought. "Dont you bring Andy into this." Ted told the girl, "or I'll bite you." "Rude!"

The two Gryffindor boys just stood and watched the two bicker back and forth. "How do you know my cousin?" Sirius asked, a little defensive of the older Black.

"Well, um, she's my girlfriend." Ted said, looking nervous for a moment. "Girlfriend? I dont recognize the name Tonks. Are you a Pure Blood?" Sirius said, his curiosity getting the better of him. "No. I'm Muggle Born." Teddy responded, pulling Rose closer to him.

It was quiet for a second as Sirius processed his words. Andromeda was dating a Muggle Born? Was that allowed in their family? Sirius already knew the answer to that. Andromeda was risking a lot by being with this boy. Risking being disowned.

"Well this just got awkward." James said from behind his best friend. Rose tried to hide her chuckle as she looked at Sirius' confused face. "Siri? Are you alright, love?" Rose's words seemed to snap him out of it as he just stared at them. "Yeah, just processing." Sirius said as he began to walk away.

Rose stood there and looked between the three boys around her. Teddy seemed a little frightened so Rose gave him a quick hug and a reassuring smile before she took off after Sirius, James close behind her.