Trouble

As the days passed, Rose became closer with the Gryffindor first years. She was regularly seen helping the girls with schoolwork or scolding the boys for getting into trouble. Everyone knew that if you saw Rose, a Gryffindor would be close by. As Rose grew closer to the students dressed in red and gold, she seemed to be losing Severus. The boy who wore green as if it were a second skin grew jealous of the others. Never understanding how she could stand the four boys that seemed to follow her around like lost puppies.

In truth, Rose didn't care if the boys stuck to her like glue. As long as she knew they were safe. She had seen the signs, Sirius flinched whenever a hand was raised, Peter never truly spoke his mind, and Remus was still afraid of himself. Even James wasn't what he seemed, always hiding his insecurities with a charming smile and a quick come back. They were broken and she was what the boys thought held them together.

She was always kind to everyone and never raised her voice. If she yelled, everyone knew someone had royally messed up. She was the epitome of a true Hufflepuff, and it truly showed. Even the older students would ask her if they could rant to her and she'd just sit there and listen. She knew a lot about stressed-out upper-classmen and all of the dating drama. She knew who bullied who and why they did it. She was basically the Hogwarts counselor and everyone knew it.

The only people who never really talked to Rose were the Pure Blood Slytherin's. Whether they were scared someone would tell their parents or they just truly hated Muggle-borns, they never really spoke to the girl. The only Slytherin's who would sit down and talk to her were Lucius and Narcissa. Two very powerful Pure Bloods who only ever wished her good. As the year went on, she grew closer to the two, always chatting as they passed in the halls and cheering them up. One day she was running through the corridors when she bumped into Narcissa, but she wasn't with Lucius this time.

~~~

"Oh, Cissa." Rose squealed as she ran to the sixth year girl, throwing her arms around her waist as they clashed. "Rose darling, how are you?" Narcissa replied, smiling at the little girl in her arms. "Oh, I'm just fine. I'm currently looking for my boys though. The seemed to have caused some trou-. Oh, hello. I'm Rosemary, and you are?"

Rose turned to look around the hall as if the boys she were looking for would jump out at her, when she noticed a girl standing right next to her friend. The girl, dressed in green with her Head Girl badge shining, just looked between Narcissa and Rose like they had just done the unthinkable.

"This is my older sister, Andromeda. Andromeda this is-" "Rosemary Evens, Ted speaks about her quite a lot." The Head Girl, Andromeda, cut her sister off, still looking confused. "Ted? As in Ted Tonks? He's our Head Boy, he's always so tired. Did he say anything bad about me? I would hate to cause him trouble." Andromeda just stared at Rose for a second before she smiled. "Of course not, dear. Teddy quite enjoys your company, says it calms him down after a long day." Rose listened to Andromeda like everything she said was the most important thing ever.

"See Rose?" Narcissa began, "there is nothing to worry about." Narcissa knew how worried Rose could get about if others found her bothersome. She had listened to the girl talk about how she never wanted to annoy someone, never wanted to be an inconvenience to another person. Narcissa didn't understand how Rose never saw how much some people enjoyed her company, even Lucius liked to sit with her and just read, sometimes he would read to her.

Rose looked up at Narcissa with a smile that could melt an iceberg and all Narcissa did was hold her tighter. "Well it was lovely meeting you Dromeda, but I must go tell off Sirius and James. Bye, Cissa. Tell Luc I said hi." Rose said, squeezing Narcissa then hugging Andromeda before she took off to find the two rascals she was originally looking for.

"Cissa? Luc? How exactly do you know her?" Andromeda asked her sister as the began walking again. "Oh, well, she bumped into Lucius and I at the beginning of the school year and we just sort of, kept her?" Narcissa told her sister, looking behind them to see if she can catch a glimpse of the little red-headed girl. "Kept her? Narcissa she's a child, not a dog." Andromeda laughed at her sisters comment. "I know that Andy. She just, I don't know. She's like the little sister I've always wanted." Andromeda stopped laughing and looked at her sister, remembered the way Rose smiled at Narcissa and how Narcissa held her.

"Okay. And Lucius likes her too? That's a first. But from what Ted says, everyone likes her." Then Andromeda stopped causing Narcissa to stop as well. "Did she say, Sirius?" Narcissa looked at her sister with wide eyes as they both raced after the girl, dying to see what she'd do to their cousin.

~~~

Two boys were currently running for their lives, trying to find a place to hide from a certain Hufflepuff girl. "I told you she'd be mad." Yelled an out of breath James. "Well it was your idea," Sirius yelled right back at him. As they got to the top of the stairs they stopped, thinking they were safe, they looked up to see Rose with her arms crossed standing right in front of the portrait. Remus and Peter stood to her left and a giggling group of girls stood to her right. Sirius watched as his cousins came up the stairs behind them, trying to contain their own laughter.

"We can explain," James told Rose as he started to walk towards her. "Oh, you can explain? Okay. Then explain to me why you blew up all the cauldrons in Slughorns class, on purpose." Rose asked the two boys, her voice never raising until the last two words. "You did what?" Andromeda and Narcissa exclaimed at the same time.

Sirius turned to give a shy smile to his cousins before looking at Rose. "We were bored?" Sirius stated, causing Remus to facepalm and the girls to Rose's right to burst out laughing. Rose just looked between the two before shaking her head, "You're lucky you weren't caught." Rose said glaring at Sirius before turning to look at James. "Stuff like that will get you kicked out and frankly I think I'd miss you two." She told them before turning to open the portrait.

"Well then," Narcissa said, gaining the remaining first years attention. "At least she didn't yell at you." Sirius turned to the two older girls with a look of worry on his face. "Are you going to tell Mother and Father?" Andromeda turned to her sister before they both smiled at Sirius.

"Seems you've already got you mother mad at you." Narcissa joked as her and Andromeda turned to go back to the Slytherin common room.

"Bloody hell"