Lonely no more

Highschool AU. Enjoy!

Credits to the rightful owner of the photo~

└★┐

Back resting on the porcelain floor, the brunette looked up at the sky which is low and dark. The thick cloud, grey as the stone they pulled from the quarry, gave the monochromatic world outside a claustrophobic feel. By this time of day the birds should have been singing and the horizon tinged with reds and pinks, oranges sometimes. But looks like the weather is off to toy with the surroundings today.

"Someone do something amusing today."

On the other hand, Chuuya is heading off to somewhere, the ginger haired guy scratched the back of his head in annoyance. Countless times and he's still doing this shit, forced.

He cancelled his lunch with someone just to pick up the bandaged man. Great.

Surfacing, he caught a glimpse of a messy brown hair, lying on the floor, motionless like a deceased person. 'He is a mummy after all'

"Out for your daily dose of sunlight, shitty beanstalk?"

"I said something amusing, not something annoying."

Dazai sat up, not facing the smaller male "And can you even see a single ray of sunlight? Looks like your eyes are just for decorations, shrimp." 

Clicking his tongue, the ginger haired's face scrunched up "I'm itching to push you off this rooftop right now." he spat. 

Footsteps reverberated as he started walking towards the lad. He watched his back. Just like that, thoughts clouded his mind.

'Is he mad?
Or maybe upset, isn't it?
Do I have the rights to talk to him?'

"Has it always been this distant?" he muttered under his breath, standing behind the brunette.

Dazai didn't move an inch till silence enveloped the two of them. Uncomfortable silence that made the brunette fidgety, but of course he'll never show it. "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked. Trying his best to sound normal and glad that it worked.

"Mind if I sit with you first?" But then, Chuuya sat without waiting for his permission "Never mind, you can't do anything about it if I want to anyway."

Looking straight ahead, he realized the view isn't that bad here. It's a calming scenery. Immense bulky trees stood in front of them. Their branches protrude like vines up towards the sky and brush the nearby buildings like a paintbrush. 

"Mr. Oda sent me to get you. Skipping classes just to lay down lazily. Maybe you meet up with someone here huh."

"You wish." He simply answered and glanced at the person beside him before darting his eyes back at the trees again "Tell Odasaku that I'll attend classes later. Now go." 

Sighing, the taller male plopped on the floor and placed his hands behind his head. It's getting darker and looks like it'll rain anytime soon. But he can't care nonetheless. All he wanted is a peaceful sleep but this dwarf beside him had to show up and ruin everything.

"Seriously man–" Chuuya pinned his eyes on the floor "If you have problems, you can rant on me."

Before the bandage man can say anything to tease the shit out of him, he barked "DON'T SAY ANYTHING BULLSHIT OKAY? I'LL KILL YOU." 

A chuckle escaped the Dazai's lips. But he can't help it. Bullying the smaller male is one of the things that keep him alive. 

"I didn't know you have a serious side of you. You're too childish for that." He remarked "Is this the end of the world?" 

"Here." Chuuya threw his handkerchief on the brunette's face "You have a little bullshit on your lip. You might want to wipe that off before I wipe off your existence." 

He wondered if this man beside him never gets tired of teasing. He always manage to get in his nerves. Every single fucking time. Him, living is already annoying. 

"Anyways, I'm off." Standing up, he started walking away from him but stopped on his own tracks "I dont know if how fucked up your life is right now. But I'm here, dipshit." 

And with that, he continued on walking before the other can utter a single word.

Chuuya's words left him speechless. He's glad that he disappeared without waiting for his response.

Blowing the handkerchief off his face, he closed his eyes. 

It's true, his life is fucked up.

The loneliness is a vice on his heart, squeezing with just enough pressure to be a constant pain. It kills him every day just a little bit more, taking what was once his inner light and replacing it with a darkness that overshadows each moment. The reason he struggles to breathe.

But then he realized, he's not alone.

"Thank you."