S T A R T S T O R Y

[ Y E S ] O R   N O

╭─────────────────────────────╮

MY EYES LAZILY SKIMMED THROUGH the pile of worksheets as i rested my head on my knuckles. i hummed a soft tune of a song that recently got stuck in my head but i just couldn't seemed to remember the name of it.

the convenience store's business was not going well at all. it has been at least three hours of just sitting in here, and there was one customer.

to be honest, i didn't know whether to find that as a relief or something worrisome. sure no customers came in, and i could basically take a break and study while being able to earn money but the downside of it is that this shop could close any moment and i'll be left unemployed with school loans due.

"DING!"

my phone rang for the what seemed like one hundred and seventy sixth time. with my brows furrowed and my nose scrunched up, i looked around for a sign of life with the exception of myself and my co-worker, before reaching out to the tempting rectangular shaped electronic-

wait no.

what if i get fired? shit that's worse, right?

i squeezed my eyes closed, but the phone didn't help me at all. it just sat there with the notifications popping up on the screen. the red phone casing just made me feel like a bull getting attracted to a red flag.

my brain says no, but my body says yes.

it's almost as if it was telling me something bad was going to happen but what could happen?

...

unless?

ugh fuck it!

i quickly snatched the phone from the counter beside me and leaned back onto the chair.