viii

S T A R T   S T O R Y

[ Y E S ]  O R N O

╭─────────────────────────────╮

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TWO didn't invite me. me! the one and only oikawa tooru."

oikawa said with an overly-exaggerated tone as he tried to catch up with my pace to the university. with books in both of our hands, i wasn't able to slap him in the head so i simply ignored him.

"rai-san! answer me~"

"oh or were you two on a date?"

i almost halted to a stop instinctively but continued with a slower pace. i blinked a few times at him and tilted my head, "dude, no-"

"are you sure? your face says otherwise, rai-chan. i know when you're lying." he said and i scoffed offendedly as i stopped to look at him fully this time.

"says the guy that doesn't even remember my birthday." i said while rolling my eyes. he then confidently lifted his chin up and pronounced the wrong birthday date.

"the twenty ninth of may, madam." he said and i groaned and mentally scolded myself in the head for even having hope for him. i picked up my pace once again and he caught up with me.

"it's twenty second of may, sir. now scooch away. you're not qualified to know when i'm lying." i said and he frowned.

"i'm almost confident the two of you are up to something." he said while suspiciously looking at me before changing the topic again.

was there something between us? ugh whatever.

after our several lectures ended, all i had to do was once again rush to work and get paid and go back home, study, and sleep!

these few weeks felt like hell.

i was drained out. my back was sore, and shoulder was painful, my knee had to be wrapped to prevent further injuries. i looked like i just came back from scavenging in the jungle and i had to run from tigers or something.

i placed some stuff in the locker before walking out of the university alongside oikawa, discussing about the stuff that happened in the lecture.

"are you sure he said that?" oikawa asked, eyeing me suspiciously. i sighed and stopped in my tracks.

"yes oikawa. step 2 is to find the appropriate maturity risk premium. remember? mrp?" i said with a exasperated tone and he pouted. before he could argue once more, i heard someone call my name which caused him to shut up and for me to turn around.

oh yeah.

iwaizumi.

"iwa-chan? what are you doing here?" oikawa asked as iwaizumi smiled at me and simply glared at oikawa. i shook my head at him for him to not pass me my sweater but he didn't seem to quite get my message.

"well, i have to return her something." iwaizumi simply said as he passed me my sweater. i squeezed my eyes shut and internally groaned. i took the sweater with both hands with a forced smile on my face as i quickly stuffed it in my bag.

"um?"

both iwaizumi and i turned to the left where oikawa was. he was looking at us with a raised eyebrow while crossing his arms.

"did y'all fu-"

"don't even think about it, tooru." i said, cutting him off. oh my god. i couldn't even bear to hear him finish that sentence.

"ohmygodsoyalldidfuck." oikawa blurted out which caused me to widen my eyes. "you didn't deny it."

"i- oikawa tooru!"

"shittykawa!!"

both iwaizumi and i almost screamed at him before covering my own mouth. there was a tint of red visible on my cheek which thankfully none of them noticed.

"we didn't..you know..fuck." iwaizumi hesitantly said, which caused oikawa to eye us suspiciously.

"all he did was get his shirt dirty because someone threw food at me." i said while glaring at iwaizumi who rubbed his neck awkwardly.

"tch, i'm starting to feel so left out." oikawa said with a fake cry at the end of his sentence which made me smile.

"it's okay, oikawa. next time, we'll for sure invite you." i said with an overly exaggerated tone of happiness, which caused oikawa to roll his eyes.

"nope! i don't wanna ruin a date!" oikawa childishly said before walking faster to leave me and iwaizumi behind. i chuckled, and looked at iwaizumi who shook his head.

"ugh he's going to get it!" he said, punching his fist into his palm and i patted him on his shoulder.

"trust me, that's not the only punch he will be getting."

╰────────────────────────────╯

E X I T   C H A P T E R ?

[ Y E S  ]  O R   N O

a/n
hey guys!! i'm so sorry for the late updates. i've been so busy with school work, exams and stuff. it's so stressful nowadays. anyways happy chinese new year to all those that celebrate it! i know i'm late! i'm so sorry once again.