Chapter 3. The Breakout

I woke up in Harley's bed, looking around I noticed something odd. No one was there and the place was a mess, like shattered glass. As I got up I heard a dripping sound in the darker part of the cell. I managed to grab my torch from my belt that I had left beside the bed, and after turning it on I saw the source of the dripping.

The red head with the blue eyes and scars was up in the observation room, the glass shattered and him impaled on one giant shard out of the frame. Guess that's where the dripping was coming from.

"Asshole got what he deserved I guess" I spoke to myself. It was silent except for the occasional crackling speaker, red lights glaring every corner. And myself.

After walking through half of the Asylum and seeing many dead guards who most likey deserved it, I noticed that some of them were suffocated while others had giant claw marks in them, which wasn't a good sign considering the inmates at Arkham.

I heard a huge explosion come from above, and so I went up the many levels of the Asylum before finally reaching the roof. There was a huge battle going on with the fighters being Clayface and Killer Croc up against the Batman, which seemed like a totally fair fight. I was going to let Batman deal with it till I saw a familiar red and black haired woman being dragged away by a man with green hair, The Joker.

"Oh HELL no you don't" I spoke loudly as I looked around and saw a foil pipe dangling from the side of the building, it seemed to of deattached from Mr. Freeze's cell. The other end was connected to a liquid nitrogen tank.

I leaped for the swinging foil pipe and just barely grabbed it, using the momentum I was able to go all the way around the side of the roof, avoiding the fight. I nearly reached Joker and Harlz but the pipe wasn't long enough and I swung back, directly towards Clayface.

"Well fuck" I thought to myself once more as I grabbed my torch, I quickly threw it at the valve to the liquid nitrogen tanks, lucky I was given a heavy duty flashlight and lucky I had the aim of a god that day. The torch broke the valve as the end of the pipe plunged into the sloppy mess that is Clayface. I quickly jumped back off the freezing foil as the humanoid mud pile froze in his tracks, literally.

"Hehe- Freeze scum!" I joked a bit. I was about to quickly start chasing after Harley and Joker but after turning around I was greeted by Killer Croc choking Batman with one hand and seemed to be pulling back his other for a painful looking stab-punch. My fear of seeing Batman die drove my body to run behind the giant reptile, grabbed one of Batman's Batarangs that he had left lying around and plunged it into the skin behind Killer Croc's knee since it seemed to have little to no scales, a soft zone.

The tiny Godzilla roared in pain as he dropped to one knee, blood dripping off his scales. Batman was then dropped, he seemed to be a bit dazed before standing up straight and shooting some kind of pellet into Killer Croc's mouth, knocking him out on the spot.

"You okay Bats?" I asked the injured man who stumbled back a bit before sitting down against a wall.

"I'm fine" Batman said as he leaned against the brick wall with his whole weight.

He took a second to breathe before taking out a device that looked like a cell phone, typing something in before the device slipped out of his hand, he fainted on the spot as I picked up the phone from the ground.

"Bats? Bats!? Damn, what was he doing?" I asked myself as I looked at the device's screen, the name 'Alfred' appeared with a call button beneath it. I pressed the button and waited as it rung, the man that picked up on the other end sounded old but kind.

"What is it Master Wayne? Your vitals are a little on the low side" The man, I'm assuming named Alfred, asked in a caring tone.

"Well one, holy shit Bruce Wayne is Batman but more importantly two, said man is out cold after fighting Clayface and Killer Croc, can you deploy a bat drone or something to help?" I explained looking at the dark knight symbol with it's giant scratch in the middle.

"Oh my, I'll have Nightwing and the Batwing pick you and Master Wayne up then. He will not be happy about you knowing his identity though" Alfred stated as he hung up.

Great, the world's greatest detective is going to be mad at me. He can probably help me find Harley though, I wish I could of saved her but knowing the Joker so far, he won't kill her... hopefully. I made sure that Bruce's wound wasn't going to be a heavy problem while waiting for the Batwing.

The sound of a jet like vehicle blasted through the air as the Batwing slowly lowered to the ground, small debris blowing away, and a man in blue and black flipped out and quickly rushed to Bruce.

"So Y/n, gonna help me get him in the damn jet?" Nightwing asked as he lifted Bruce up on one side, I quickly lifted up the other side and placed him onto a stretcher like thing that popped out the bottom of the Batwing.

"What about the other two?" I asked back as I pointed to the two brutes who were taken down.

"GCPD will be here to clean up the mess and we have a Wayne tech police mech popping over to move the big guys" Nightwing explained as me and him jumped into the Batwing, flying off to who knows where.

The window of the cockpit suddenly tinted pure black and all the sound outside of the jet just stopped, after asking what happened to Nightwing apparently the jet went into guest mode, to make sure people don't know the location of the base that the person is heading to.

I felt the Batwing shake a little as the guest mode shut off, showing me a view of what seemed to be a repurposed train station area.

"Welcome to the Hero Outpost of Gotham, for all your city protecting needs!" Nightwing announced as Bruce was removed from the Batwing by some kind of machine.

"Well that's cool and all but I need a favor" I asked Nightwing as I followed him into a hall area.

"Depends what it is?" He asked back.

"Find and save Harley Quinn" I begged looking at Nightwing.