Chapter 4. The Footage

"Wait... find and SAVE Harley? You do realise that she works with the Joker right?" Nightwing replied as me and him went over to a computer set up on one of the walls of the headquarters.

"Yes. Look I know she isn't exactly known as a good person but thats due to the "Therapy" that Arkham does which consists of tons of drugs and -" I was complaining before Nightwing intercepted.

"-And electrocution, I know, we read a report by the commissioner about the details. That's why Bruce was on the scene of the breakout, because he was already there investigating the incident" Nightwing explained to me as he plugged in the device that Bruce used to try call Alfred into the computer.

I assume that the device doubled as some kind of data storage as some files popped up onto the screen, most of them either coming from the view of Batman or the camera surveillance feed of the asylum. Nightwing started one of the videos, which started off with a view of Batman talking to the commissioner, seeming to get permission to freely roam the prison. The perspective cut to Batman's cowl I'm guessing as audio kicked in to match the video.

"Alright, who are you visiting first?" Gordon asked as the two of them walked through the halls.

The computer started up some kind of analysis scanner that looked into every detail of the recording, from the sound patterns to every individual pixel of footage.

"I'll visit Harleen since she was the first reported case, then I'll go over the other inmates and question them about it" Batman replied as he looked at Gordon. A profile scanner popped up and viewed Jim's information that would be needed in an investigation, it even showed his emotion from facial expression, he felt oddly calm.

The feed jumped to Harley's cell, probably to view it while we wait on Bruce to get to the cell himself. We see Jim and Batman enter the cell to be greeted by Harley laying in the bed and relaxing with me laying my head on her lap from my chair. Nightwing looked over to me.

"You two seem close" He pointed out as we continued watching the video. I shushed him.

Batman questioned Harley for a little while, they both seemed oddly calm as Harley put her book down and caressed my hair while answering the questions.

"Yea, they were pretty mean. Especially that red head who looks like beef mince now" Harley replied to one of Batman's latter questions.

"So the guards definitely abused you" Batman rounded up after checking her wounds.

They continued talking when there was the sound of shattering glass, everyone in the video except for myself, due to being asleep, looked up to where the camera was. The camera changed to one in the cowl and showed the red head was dead, impaled on the same shard as before when I woke up, but this time you could see who was behind it.

There stood the janitor without his hat, who turned out to be the Joker.

"Oh Harlz, cheating on me with a guard of all people! Not even I have stooped that low" Joker said as he acted sad and in pain, that was before he pulled a knife out of nowhere and threw it like a dart towards me.

The knife was knocked off course mid-air by a batarang.

"Commissioner, get Harley and the guard out of here!" Batman demanded as he grappled up to the shattered viewing window and chased down the clown.

The commissioner went into the cell and picked me up, I was still somehow asleep, by now all the audio was cut for some reason so it was like a silent film. He managed to get me into a good carry but couldn't do it for too long so he put me down into the bed and got him and Harley out of the room, turning the lights off so no one could see me. Harely was obviously reluctant to leave me by myself.

Nightwing followed each camera feed with Harley and the commissioner until they got to the mess hall, which lived up to its name as it was filled with wounded guards like a makeshift hospital.

This time the audio was there.

"What happened? Why aren't you in the medical wing?" Jim asked one of the nurses as Harley sat down on a nearby chair. She looked scared.

"We can't, Scarecrow took over the medical lab with Mr. Freeze and now whoever goes there either has a heart attack or gets turned into an ice cube" The nurse blurted out as she bandaged a guard's wound.

The feed cut back to Batman, who seemed to of lost track of the Joker but was called by the commissioner about the problem in the medical ward.

That was when me and Nightwing were scared by a pair of hands resting on our shoulders.

It was Bruce. His face still covered by his cowl.

"I'll get to the important part" He said as he forwarded the video, skimming past him taking down Mr. Freeze and Scarecrow, and the mess hall being attacked by the Joker and Killer Croc while Bruce was busy in the medical ward saving people.

"So that's what the commissioner was freaking out about on the call" Bruce answered his own question with a whisper to himself, removing the data drive and placing it in some kind of mass data storage unit.

The video of the rooftop started playing with me doing the daring stunt to try get to Joker, but instead it became a take down of Clayface, and then taking down Killer Croc with Bruce's help. And also showing Bruce that I knew his identity.

Bruce grunted as he took off his cowl and began typing into the computer, a suit popping up on one side of the room.

"I'll go back to the Asylum, it isn't secure" Bruce said as he entered the heavily armoured suit.

"What about us!" I yelled as Bruce entered the Batwing with a new cowl on his face.

The speakers of the batwing rung out.

"Y/n, baby sit Nightwing" He said as he lifted off.

"Wha! I'm not a child Bruce! I'M IN MY EARLY 20's!" Nightwing yelled at the aircraft bay as it closed.

Nightwing looked over at me.

"Wanna annoy him by going behind his back and rescuing Harley?" I asked Nightwing.

He thought for a moment.

"You would fit really well into the Bat-Fam Y/n... alright lets go find this crazy lady" Nightwing agreed to my idea, don't worry Harlz, I'm coming.