Chapter 6. Fall of a Joker

The helicoper hovered just beside one of the clock tower's faces.

"YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT?!" I yelled over the sound of the wind in my ears.

"JUST JUMP REALLY HARD AT THE CLOCK FACE" Dick yelled back.

"WHY?!" I asked, confused by this horrible idea.

"WELL, CAN'T LEAVE THE HELI AROUND HERE AND THERE IS NOWHERE TO LAND, DON'T WORRY, ORACLE WILL ONLY BE... VERY PISSED OFF" He explained.

I was about to ask who Oracle was but Dick quickly made the helicopter wobble, making me fall into the clock tower's face. I gripped tight to the server as my body broke the glass. After smashing through the tower, I noticed that there was an apartment space built into it.

"Wha?" I thought as I looked around, then felt the sharp pain in my hand, a shard of glass going through it like a spear. I slowly pulled it out and wrapped it up with a makeshift gauze.

"I'll work on that later" I said as I put my hand down.

Then there was the sound of an elevator ding, I looked over to see a girl in a wheelchair, obviously mad about something.

"Dick could just drop you off on the street! Why didn't he just do that?!" She said angrily as I got up.

"You must be-" I was about to assume she was the person Dick told me about. But she beat me to the punch.

"Oracle, but call me Barbara since you pretty much know everyone else at this point, Dick told me of your little heist" Barbara said as she took the server.

I just accepted this being a normal situation for her as she loaded the server into a server stack, connecting it to the clock tower's radar.

"Disable the server tracker... connect to bat database aaaand we got a hit on a abandoned party store in the slums" Barbara claimed as she tossed me a smart watch and an ear piece.

"What are these for?" I asked as I put them on.

The elevator behind me dings.

"You'll need it to get Harley" Bruce Wayne said as he exited the elevator.

He explained to me that the devices will keep me and Oracle in contact as I try to save her MYSELF. Apparently he has a showing as Mr. Wayne in Arkham to announce the Asylums staff are being replaced due to concern of inmate health. And all the other members of the Bat-Family were either busy or on vacation, or MIA.

"So you want me? A guard? To raid a place swarming with Joker thugs and the JOKER HIMSELF?!" I said, pointing out how it was a suicide mission.

"Relax. I looked into your past, you can do it with help from the GCPD, especially due to your training in the milit-" Bruce was explaining before I cut him off.

"We. don't talk. about my past." I stated as I glared at him.

"Fine, the Batwing will be here soon. It'll drop you near the party store and the GCPD will rock up and distract the thugs and hopefully the Joker while you go free Harleen" Bruce explained, walking back into the elevator.

I stood in silence for a bit as Oracle typed at her computer, the sound of the Batwing's jets got louder as it parked up beside the tower, the wings acting like a walkway to the pilot space.

Hoping in, the autopilot set course to the party store.

-Said Party Store-

"Harley! Come on sweetie! The cops found us, it's a slaughter out there! HeheHeeE!" The Joker asked as he glanced through Harley's room door.

"Fuck. Off." She replied.