CHAPTER 2

DAY OF TRYOUTS

The final bell rang and all the students ran out of their classes to either go home or go for their after-school clubs. A certain brunette was filled with so much glee that he literally skipped down the halls on his way to the soccer field.

Immediately Ryan left the building he bumped into someone who, instead of tumbling down, surprisingly retained their stance while he fell down with a thud.

"Are you OK?" the person asked with a familiar voice.

Ryan couldn't make out who it was because from his angle, the sun was shining in his eyes making whoever it was that he had bumped into look like they were coming out of the sun.

As soon as the person helped him up, he could clearly see who it was.

"Brianna?" He asked once he saw the mesmerizing green eyes behind those blue glasses.

"Where are you going in such a rush?"

"To the soccer field. The try-outs are today and I don't wanna be late."

"Yeah, sure, but you don't run with your eyes closed or else you'll end up getting to the field in crutches!" She said in a matter-of-fact way.

He scratched the back or his neck and nervously chuckled, "Sorry"

He continued walking and was surprised to see Brianna walking along with him.

"Where are you going?" He asked her.

"To the field, duh."

"Why?"

"Oh, I don't know, to bake a pie." She said sarcastically.

His finger touched his chin," But you bake in a-"

"Ugh!! I'm going for the try-outs!"

"WHAT??!! I didn't know you played soccer!!"

"There's a lot you don't know about me."

He was about to ask another question when she interrupted saying that they had reached the field.

Surprisingly, they weren't the only first years trying out.

They scanned the group assembled there recognizing them from their class.

Peter Vega. A notably shy boy who likes reading. He has a pale skin tone, navy blue hair and electric blue eyes. FLASHBACK: "OK, let's start the introductions here," the teacher said while pointing at the blue-haired boy at the front of the class. "O-OK," he stood up, "I'm Peter Vega, nice to meet you all." He said shyly then quickly sat back down END OF FLASHBACK.

Patricia Greene. Her fiery red hair is one of her most striking features along with her purple eyes and fair skin tone. FLASHBACK: "I'm Patricia Greene, I love to sing and I also play the guitar." She said with confidence. END OF FLASHBACK.

Tristan White. Termed as 'cute' by most of the girls with his urban orange hair, golden brown eyes and slightly tanned skin. FLASHBACK: "Hey," he said with a wink once it was his turn causing some girls to fangirl over him. Madam Trishia sweatdropped while Brianna just rolled her eyes." I'm Tristan White" he said then just smiled while the girls still gawked. "OK, thank you, next," Madam kindly said trying to get rid of the awkward moment. END OF FLASHBACK.

Mike Marshall. His blond shoulder-length hair and crystal blue eyes made him seem more like a bishonen. FLASHBACK: "Next?" He stood and introduced himself in a calm manner, "Hi everyone, I'm Mike Marshall and I'm really excited to be here." END OF FLASHBACK.