CHAPTER 7

Patricia passed the ball to Axel and as the game began, they proceeded forward towards Anima Sana's part of the field.

All of the Anima Sana eleven bands beeped and they all got the same message, 'Attack Formation 255'.
At that, the team uniformly ran across the field in an attack formation. The ball was then stolen from Raimon in the blink of an eye and was then skillfully passed up the field in the direction of Raimon's defense.

At Jude's command, the team fell back to help the defenders. The players in grey were fast and didn't give the yellow-dressed players any chance to steal the ball.

"And just like that, the ball is right in front of the goal!" Chester yelled at the top of his lungs. "No one is in Turner's way except goalkeeper Evans! Here it is folks. Striker versus Goalkeeper! Captain versus Captain! Who will win this battle!?" Had it not been for their concentration in the match, the players would have facepalmed at his over-exaggeration. Some were actually about to do it.

Meanwhile, Neil was about to shoot and Mark was prepared to block it, but he did not see what was coming his way. Neil wasn't planning on shooting for he made a pass to Jonathan at the other side of the goal who shot the ball to the back of the net completely catching Mark and everyone else by surprise.

"GOAL!! The first goal is scored by Anima Sana's Jonathan Seller with an assist from Captain Neil Turner just minutes after the kick off! What an amazing display of teamwork from the two!"

The players of the leading team did not even celebrate their point, they just made their way to their side of the field with straight faces to prepare for the resuming of the game.

'What's up with them?' Mark asked himself. As he stared at their retreating figures. 'They won't even celebrate their goal.' He watched as the yellow haired boy gave the team orders while the team reluctantly followed them. 'Something isn't right.'

"Are you alright, Mark?" Jude asked his friend who nodded in return. "I'm sorry, we let them pass us."

"Don't worry! We'll pick up from here." He said, not only the the one standing in front of him but also to the rest of his teammates who had gathered around the goal at that point.
They all got a bit of motivation from this and got to their positions.

The match resumed with the ball in Raimon's possession but that changed immediately as the opponents got another message and made their way to the goal in another formation once they stole the ball. Raimon was forced to push back to defend.

The game went on like that. Raimon didn't have a chance to attack because they were stuck defending and Anima Sana kept getting more and more messages informing them of strategy changes, thus making it harder and harder for Raimon. What's more, the yellow haired boy kept giving the grey-clad team orders making it impossible for Raimon to get the ball. The whole team had fallen back so as to make sure their opponents don't get to the goal. If Anima Sana got to the goal, they would have exerted themselves and therefore not have enough finishing power to get passed Mark. 

The team was struggling and it was almost a close call when Neil shot his 'Patriot Shot' but luckily, Mark was able to stop it with his 'Majin the Hand' right before the two whistles were blown signaling halftime.

As the players walked towards their benches, Mark's eyes met Neil's for a split second, but that was more that enough for Mark to know that something was terribly wrong.

Neil had the same look as the beginning, though now the pain was more evident.

On the other side, Peter was making his way to the bench, when his vision became blurry and he felt his legs getting wobbly. He was about to hit the ground when Jack, who, luckily, was right beside him, caught him and led him safely to the bench where the rest of the team had already slumped themselves on the ground, hydrating.