CHAPTER 4

THAT NIGHT, IN A DARK ROOM

"She's at Raimon." Jacob said sitting leisurely on a table in front of a girl with light green hair and soft orange eyes.

"Ha!" she chuckled. "Do they know who she is?"

"No she goes by the name Brianna Rose. They don't even suspect a thing. They actually consider her as a friend."

"How long do you think she will be able to keep this up?"

"I don't know but I'm keeping an eye on her."

"Does the boss know of her whereabouts?"

"No and she told me to keep it a secret." He said closing his eyes in a thoughtful manner. "You know I do need someone to keep a closer eye on her. I will be busy and I'm not able to get full information on the team." He added looking at the girl.

"You want me to do it?" She said in a disgusted tone.

"You are the only one available for this mission. You will get into the support program and persuade the leader to assign you to Raimon."

"That's not going to work, the program is already up and running, the leader won't let me join late. He is very strict on these things."

"Just find a way, OK?" He said a bit snappily.

She rolled her eyes and groaned, "Fine, but I won't like it."

"I didn't expect you to." 

THE NEXT MORNING.

"I'm off!" Brianna shouted as she was about to leave the door early the next morning but she was stopped by a loud yell "Wait!!"

She turned around only to be met by the brown-haired lady with a worried look on her face. "Where are you going so early?"

"I'm going for a jog, have to stay active, don't I?."

"No, you can't go out unsupervised. What if something happens? What if-" she began whispering "What if they find you?"

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. I've always been. Plus, I'll be extra careful, as always." She said giving her a kiss on the cheek before running out of the house.

The streets were almost empty considering the time. The only people there were the shop owners who were getting an early start by setting up their stalls and opening up their shops. The sun had just risen and the sky still had the gentle orange hue.

Brianna jogged with her earphones in so she was completely blocked from any sounds of the outside world. Little did she know that she was not alone. 

The person who was following her from her house was hot on her heels. Nonetheless she kept on running obliviously until she arrived at a familiar place where she saw a familiar face.

"Morning Ryan," she greeted the boy as the went down to the field at the riverbank where he was training, as usual.

"Oh, hi Brianna. What are you doing here?"

"Just out for a morning jog. I see you're getting some early practice in."

"Yeah, yesterday's training was a wake up call that I need to train harder if I wanna get to the senior's level of skills."

"You know they are professional players who have played at the international level. Getting even close to their level is gonna be hard. Are you sure you're up to it?"

His eyes began to sparkle, "Oh, hearing you say how high they are just makes me want to train even more and work even harder to be the best I can be. And I know if I train hard and don't give up, I will get there some day!" He pumped his fist to the sky.