Just friends or more? (girlxgirl)

"Des, would you please hand the eggs to me?" my best friend Tessa asks me. "Sure. Here you are" I told her and handed her the eggs. While handing them to her my hands touch hers and a shiver goes up my arms down my whole body. It's like this every time I touch her since the day one month ago when I realised my feelings for her.

* Flashback

"Hey, look over there" one of the jocks in school screams so that everyone can hear it and points to the entry of our cafeteria. "That's so gross" one of his friends spat. I let my eyes wander over and see two girls enter. I never saw them before but since this school is so big that’s no wonder. I don't see anything gross on them so why did they scream like this? My silent question is answered as another friend of them shouted out. "Go and burn in hell. Both of you. What you do is a sin. We don't like to be in a room with you fags so do us a favour and leave."

The skinnier girl looks like she's going to cry any moment. Her girlfriend lays an arm around her shoulder and stares at the three guys with hatred. "You ever say anything like this again and I'm going to show you what hell looks like, you homophobic assholes. And no we aren't leaving we have every right to be here. So if you have a problem I guess you'll just have to leave."

Wow, this girl is brave. I have never seen anyone who doesn’t do what the jerks say. They are like the kings of this school and all students are like their puppies or something like that. The first guy, the quarterback of our football team, stares at her in disbelieves. "What did you just say?" he growls at her. "I think you heard it perfectly fine." the girl says her eyes not breaking eye contact with him.

"I am going to give you one last chance. You and your fag girlfriend leave or..." Before he could finish his sentence the tall girl hit him in the face. He stares at the girl in shock as the whole cafeteria watch in awe. His expression gets angry and he pulls his hand back, makes a fist and lets it connect with the girls jaw. She screams in pain and falls to the floor.

Some guys who sat next to the whole scene jump um immediately and rush to her side. They pick her up und and carry her away while the jock just stands there looking at his hand in confusion. Some students begin to scream at him. All students either look at him with hatred for hitting a girl or look worried at the door where they carried the poor girl away.

I think I'm the only one who notices the girls’ girlfriend. She just stands there tears running down her beautiful face. Since this is a pretty religious school nobody likes gays and lesbians so they just ignore her. But she really looks like she needs somebody to comfort her. I just can't let her stand there looking this broken. So I stand up and walk towards her. Before I reach her I turn around to let my bestie Tessa know that she should walk to class and I'll just come later. But as I look at her ice blue eyes something clicks inside my head.

I always knew that she's beautiful, but now, now she just seems like the most beautiful person on earth. Her hair falls like golden waterfalls down her back and her skin is just flawless. She notices me staring and looks at me in confusion. I quickly sign her to walk to class without me and then I turn around and go to the broken girl.

As I reach out and touch her arm she looks up. I smile at her encouragingly and lead her out of the busy cafeteria. We walk through the halls and end up sitting on a bank in the park next to our school. While we walked she calmed down a bit but now she begins sobbing again. I pull her into a hug and she lays her head on my shoulder. I hold her close till the sobs calm down and she pulls away slightly.