VI

The view was impeccable. We could see the field where we cuddled under the stars, and the stream were we first laid eyes on one another. Dream had set up a blanket on the hill top and had a basket prepared and full of food. There was a lamp above us, illuminating the top of the hill and shining a bight spotlight on us. It was amazing.

I stole a glance at Dream, being reminded of all the reasons I fell for him. I'd fall for him over and over again. I wanted to see what his eyes looked like, see if they shone with emotion like I believed them to. But at this point, I'm pretty sure the mask he wore was glued to his face.

Dream was already sat on the blanket when I had started dreaming, to I walked over to join him. I sat down and rested my head on his shoulder and grabbed his hand in mine. I never wanted to leave his side. Never.

"You wanna eat?" Dream asked. I simply shook my head in response. Eating would involve the removal of my head from his shoulder; I couldn't let that happen. "Okay." He squeezed my hand lightly.

I wanted to kiss him, but how could I? His mask was in the way. That god damn mask. I looked up at him to see if he would get the hint.

He didn't.

I rested my head back onto his shoulder in slight disappointment. He laughed a bit to my annoyance. Maybe he did get it, just didn't want to kiss me. A small frown appeared on my face.

He moved a little bit, but I didn't bother to look his way. He was probably adjusting his mask to sit more comfortably. Stupid mask. I glanced at him.

I was right. He did move his mask. He adjusted it so that the bottom half of his face was showing. He understood me.

He looked at me and let go of my hand, moving it to touch my chin. He very slightly lifted my head, but he didn't have to. I did it first.

I kissed Dream.