##OO3 a broken promise running away when things get tough runs through the ando's blood

running away when things
get tough runs through the
ando's blood

[ 2017 ]

eri never considered herself a coward. she always faced any obstacle that came her way with her face held high and without backing down. well, she was doing that until twelve years ago, because when she was presented with the biggest problem she has ever had, she runway.

"look how clean you are now, you're shining!" eri wiped the sweat off her forehead with her forearm, "i had a lot of time without visiting you, but it's because i've been too busy with the barbershop, tobio, and the wedding preparations." eri stopped speaking abruptly.

"i haven't told you, it's true." she whispered with a small smile putting a lock of hair behind her ear, "baji proposed to me. we will get married in four months." eri looked up to the sky simulating a small kick with her right foot, "you know, sometimes i ask myself what would have happened if-" she turned to look at the grave, "-if you were alive. maybe it would be you and me the ones who are getting married, kenchin."

×××

a sudden knock on the door of the ando's residence was enough to make the youngest of the house groan in annoyance. with a heavy sigh, tobio lazily stand up and went to the entrance door opening it, "i'm not interested in joining a cult or buying anything from you." he said before the two man standing out side could speak.

the most dishevelled out of the two visitors clear his throat, "we're actually here for ando eri? are you...are you her boyfriend?" the man asked looking nervously at the tall teen.

tobio made a disgusted expression at the question the man made and leaned in the doorframe, "she's my mother. aren't you supposed to ask if she's here instead of my relationship with her?" the boy looked suspiciously from up to down at the two men.

"is she here? we need to talk." the other man said showing his detective plate.

tobio rolled his eyes scoffing, "she is not here, so you're wasting your time." he said taking a step back and closing the door on their faces.

takemichi and naoto shared a glanced before the older one knocked again on the door.

"what!"

"i'm hanagaki takemichi, i'm a friend of your mom...can we wait for her here? i really need to talk with her." takemichi said staring at the teen.

tobio check on his nails boringly before looking again at the man, "i know my ma's friends and she doesn't have any takemitchy, so how do i know you're not lying?"

takemichi sweardropped at tobio mispronouncing his name, "it's takemichi, and i'm and old friend from when she was living in tokyo...we both were affiliated with touman." he said looking at a still uninterested dark haired, "she used to called me michi, i don't-"