🏹🎻🦢- 5. nice to meet you

♫ ♫ ♫

"Thank you." I smiled at the boba guy at the counter before making my way back to the stack of books and papers on the table I occupied.

Who the hell assigns a test 3 weeks into school?, I thought to myself as I popped the straw in and taking a sip. I was typing away on a google document I had to finish that night for one of my classes. It was a 6 page long study guide that was assigned less than 24 hours ago.

I was mid-way through my 4th page, typing away on my computer as my eyes darted back and forth between my textbook and notes, when I heard the bell jingle above the door signaling people have either walked in or just left.

I ignored it as it was a normal occurrence to my ears for however long I was cooped up at my table until I heard a familiar voice.

"The one and only! Bryan, what's up dude?" I peeked my eyes above my computer to see two tall boys at the counter along with a girl that had long black shiny hair, their backs turned to me, making it hard for me to see their face.

"What's up shitheads? Been three days since you last walked in, the usual?" The guy who made my drink earlier told them. Seems like they go here a lot.

Then the girl turned her head slightly and I immediately recognized who it was. Azami Navarro.
And no surprise, it was her boyfriend, Louis by her side with William on the other.

Before she turned her body completely, I looked down at my notes, trying to hide myself behind my computer. I heard their feet shuffle to the side, their voices deep in conversation. Azami was asking them if they could pick up some chocolate before heading home.

My body felt stiff as I tried to rewrite some notes I had found in my textbook, my pencil case at the edge of the table, until it got knocked down. The sounds of the pens clashing to the floor could be heard as the blenders stopped, making me cringe a little. Great the one time, they don't make the loud noise, I was the one who caused it.

I reached down to pick the mess up, trying to hide my face with my hair, but it was stuck in a high ponytail and my hair was not cooperating with me. "Oh my gosh... is that? Kaya! Hey!" I cringed on the inside as I heard Azami's peppy voice cry out my name.

I looked up to see her bending down, helping me stuff my pencils back into my bag. "Hey Azami, nice to see you again!" She smiled back as I placed the pencil bag onto the table next to my stuff.

"Oh please, call me Ami." I only nodded my head, I didn't know what to reply to that with.

"Here's your drink darling." A thick british accent said. I turned my head to see Ami's boyfriend, Louis, handing her a drink. William coming behind them. Noticing he tapped his lid twice before popping his straw in and taking a sip. A smile immediately coming into his face.

"Thanks Lou." I looked at Ami, realizing she was a couple inches shorter than me. She double tapped her lip before popping her straw in and taking a sip. Wow I guess they are close, I thought to myself.

"Oh hey I'm Louis Partridge. Ami's boyfriend." Louis stuck his hand out for me to shake. "Nice to meet you, Kaya Dalisay." We shook hands.

"Dalisay? Filipino ka ba?" Ami's voice filled my ears, taking notice of the slight accent as she spoke.

"Yes po, ikaw din?" I smiled, practicing my tagalog was always exciting for me though I only know a few terms.

"Ahh yes, though I only speak a little tagalog, I can understand it pretty well." She told me, out of the corner of my eyes I see Louis admiring her as his arms wrapped around her shoulders.