one

chapter 1; first meeting

SSA Aaron Hotchner. Former prosecutor and unit chief for the BAU. Deceased wife named Hailey Brooks with a son named Jack, aged 6. 

SSA David Rossi. One of the founders of the BAU. Currently divorced after 3 wives. Successful book career and lecturer, returning to the BAU after the departure of SSA Jason Gideon. 

The elevator opened, allowing myself and the people around me to shuffle in. 

"Floor 4 please" I state to the person nearest the buttons. Other people mutter their floors and the doors close.

SSA Jennifer Jareau. Former communication liaison for the BAU before being promoted to profiler. Married to New Orleans Detective William LaMontagne with one son, Henry, aged 4.

SSA Derek Morgan. Came to the BAU after being in the Chicago Bomb Squad. Father was a police officer and got shot in front of him, resulting in him growing up troubled with his mother and two sisters.

The elevator stopped at floor two, allowing a few people to get off. Thankfully with less people it didn't feel as stuffy.

Technical Analysist and communication liaison Penelope Garcia. After being caught by the FBI for being a criminal hacker, she was offered a job in exchange for jail time. She accepted. Leads a support group for those who have lost someone. Godmother to Henry LaMontagne.

After a stop at floor 3 I found myself as the last one in the elevator, surprising for 8 a.m.

SSA Emily Prentiss. Daughter of Ambassador Elizabeth Prentiss. Fluent in Spanish, French, Greek, and Arabic, has a working knowledge in Italian, and lost proficiency of Russian, but still passable.

Dr. Spencer Reid-

My review was cut short when the elevators opened on the fourth floor. Stepping through the glass door, I found the room oddly empty. There were a few people walking around, and besides a few people huddled at a desk, it didn't feel like a Monday morning. I might as well ask them for directions, seeing there was no one close to the door.

"Excuse me?" I said, my voice cutting through the quiet morning air. A blonde haired women turned to face me, her laughter cut short and her smile faltering at the interruption. Nevertheless, her kind features stayed as she focused on me, the others around her doing the same. I recognized her from her folder as SSA Jennifer Jareau.

"I'm looking for Unit Chief SSA Hotchner. Can you direct me to his office?" I put on a warm smile, hoping it would pardon my intrusion earlier. The woman nodded, a look of curiosity donning her features.

"Of course. You're going to want to go up those stairs and it will be the first door on the landing." She pointed towards the door I needed to go to. I could faintly read the plate on the door as the man I needed to talk to, and I blushed slightly at not catching that.

"Ah yes, I see that now. Thank you, Agent Jareau." I said, nodding my head at her slightly before turning around and walking towards his office. My boots were the only sound now in the room, the group having fallen silent. I knocked on the door, and after hearing an invitation I walked in.

"Hi Agent Hotchner. My name is Dr. Adeline Ripper."

~~~

The group fell silent as the newcomer walked away.

"How did she know my name? Do any of you know who she is?" JJ asked the group, but heard no response. When she turned back around, she found Reid, Prentiss and Garcia looking after her, the same amount of bewilderment on their faces.

"I didn't think we were getting anyone new. I've been looking all over and theres no transfers put in, no paperwork. I would have totally done some sleuthing for us if I knew we were getting a new person!" Garcia said, her gaze still at Hotch's door.

"Well let's not be hasty." Emily said to the group. "Maybe its someone from another division, and its a new case we need to work on. She looked young, she must be an intern or something." Emily said, trying to think of any news that would warrant their help in another division.

"She must've just read your badge for your name." Reid responded to JJ's initial question, but remained distracted by trying to look through the window of Hotch's office from his seat.

"No, her eyes were on mine the whole time." JJ looked at the badge on her hip, on the opposite side of where the girl stood.

"Good morning everyone! Where's the energy this morning, guys?" Morgan said as he approached the group, setting down two trays of coffee for everyone. Everyone eagerly took a cup, Garcia being the one to break the silence.

"Some girl came up to us and asked where Hotch's office was. She then thanked JJ by name and stalked off with no introduction or anything. Do you know anything about anything?" Garcia prodded Morgan for answers, to which he had none.

"If I knew we were getting someone new I would've brought more coffee. But it could just be someone from another division." Morgan shrugged, breaking off from the group and walking over to his office kitty cornered to the group.

"That's what Emily said. The FBI has around 800 interns at any given time, so its perfectly plausible that she's an intern and we have an assignment." Reid said, skeptical of anyone new. Reid didn't do well with change, and it was always a gamble with new people if they would meld with their group, after 3 other people, it was becoming tiresome to work with someone new.

Just as the group was venturing onto other topics, Hotch's door opened. Out came the two people, laughing slightly at something said. The group tried not to make it seem like they were spying on them, but it became rather obvious after they heard Hotch laugh. 

"Round table in 5, everyone." Hotch told the group, gesturing to the conference room for the mysterious women to follow. They continued talking softly as they entered the room. The group looked at each other in interest.

"Well, let's hope she's nice." Garcia said softly. The silent group walked together to the conference room, hoping to find some answers.