five

chapter 5; oh my god, they were roommates

Agents Prentiss and Jareau arrived at the crime scene and were greeted by one of the officers.

"Hi Agents, I'm officer Decker and I'll be here to assist however I can." The woman was friendly and was in her mid years, giving off a motherly energy full of wisdom.

"Thank you, officer Decker. Can you lead us through the crime scene?" Prentiss asked, hoping to gather all information they had before making their own deductions. The officer agreed with Prentiss, telling them to follow her before walking off towards the sorority house.

"We got a call this morning when one of the girls came back. Its the colleges spring break, and classes are due to start in a few days. The victims stayed over break to celebrate their last spring break, they were all seniors. The front and backdoors show no sign of forced entry, and none of the windows are broken." The officer started.

"Which means they either knew their attacker, didn't feel threatened by them, or he found another way to get in." JJ mused, looking around at the messy living room.

"That's right. We found two girls in the kitchen, they were killed first. The final three girls were killed in their rooms, but were dragged downstairs to be posed with the other girls. The cuts to their hair was hazardous and aggressive, some of their hair pulled out by the root. No finger prints anywhere." Officer Decker was interrupted by her phone. "Ballistics came back, wounds are concurrent with a 9mm handgun."

"So the unsub comes to the front door, maybe plays a ruse like Bundy did, and gained access to their house." Prentiss said, walking through the living room towards the kitchen. She notices the counters are in a disarray, but it was obvious someone was making dinner.

"Maybe they had to keep an eye on their food, so motioned for the unsub to come into the kitchen." JJ, playing the unsub, walks towards Emily.

"I see the two girls there, maybe ask if there's anyone else in the house. I aim my gun at them-" She mimics a gun with her hand "I tell them to be quiet, get on their knees in the living room and shoot them." She walks over to look at the pools of blood in the living room.

"You know, to have the control over these girls, kill them without alerting the others, then kill each girl separately, drag them down the stairs, pose and cut them postmortem, that's very telling." Emily said. She noticed a lot of blood on the stairs, pooled onto each step.

"It could be a partnership, although I doubt that these girls would allow anyone in their house without knowing them. If it was one unsub they would be more lenient, but he would have to know that these girls would be alone until the next morning, meaning he would have had to learn their patterns." JJ didn't like the feeling in her stomach. This was a lot of rage, and it could only escalate.

"Let's get Garcia to dig into their lives and meet up with the others." Emily said, following the officer to the journal the tongues were on.

~~~

Rossi and Morgan walked into the room we had been given by the sheriff, taking note of our board decorated with victim's photos, maps and documents.

"The coroner says that the three victims upstairs had equidistant bruises on their backs and sides, he says it's most likely from being dragged down the stairs. We also found something else." Morgan filled us in, leaning on the small conference table in the middle of the room. Rossi handed Hotch an evidence bag of a note.

"It looks like a diary entry." Hotch said, pining it up to the board.

"We thought the same, we're hoping Emily and JJ come back with some answers." Rossi shrugged.