Prologue

The doors to the silver throne room opened and a light brown haired woman with a look of cold fury and a broken heart strode into the room. She stood before her husband, a king sitting in a chair in the head of the room. There was no one in the room except him and her and one tiny brunette sitting quietly tending the flames of the hearth. The queen walked up to her husband, her body shaking with anger, her hands clenched tightly on either of her sides and her eyes showed a broken heart.

“You did it again” She whispered dangerously low.

“I’m sorry” Her husband's hand reached out to her but she sidestepped away from him. His hand only touching air, he let his hand drop.

“Sorry…” She said the word as if it were something foul that had touched her. “SORRY” She yelled. “How many times have you told me that to appease me?!” Her husband shifted uncomfortably while she glared at him.

“I am done with you and I am leaving you” She turned on her heel but he grabbed her arm and pulled her to him. His face close to hers. She felt a glimpse of tenderness in her heart but she ignored it.

“What did you say?” His blue eyes darkened.

She met his gaze with her brown one “I. Said. I. Am. Leaving. You.”

“NO!!” Thunder stirred overhead, dark blue eyes turning into lighting, winds shaking their palace.

“LET ME GO ZEUS!!” She yelled trying to pull away from her husband.

“I can’t let you leave.” Her husband said in a low voice. “I need you with me”

“You don't have a say if I leave. I will leave and you don't need me." She growled." You have your whores, like all those times where you had your chances to be with me and you were with them” She lifted her hand and a grey glass ball appeared, tears welling up in her eyes.

“What is that?” His eyes widened as he looked between his wife and the glass ball.

She stood up on her toes and gave him one last long kiss “goodbye husband” she whispered and threw the ball as hard as she could on the floor. He had his arms around him and kissed her hard as the ball shattered into pieces releasing a force that felt as if she was being ripped apart and away from the palace.
“NOOOOO” He roared in anguish.

Hila woke up immediately drenched in cold sweat. Her heart pounded against her ribcage. She had been getting the same dream for weeks now. She took a couple of deep breaths to calm her beating heart. Hila turned to her side clutching her pillow. Her alarm clock read six a.m. and closed her eyes once more. She didn’t have class for a few more hours, maybe this time she would get a different dream.
She breathed and began to clear her mind and directing her mind to a picture of a garden.

Hila stood in a garden, the warm sun, quiet and light breeze caressed her skin. She moved gracefully to the clear pond that was surrounded by bushes of flowers and shaded by the trees. She sat down on a rock near the pond and looked at the pond. She grabbed some flowers from the bush, threw them into the water. The flowers floated and the current took them to the middle of the pond. She reached for a flower on the pond and as she took hold. Flashes of blue eyes appeared in her mind, the sound of thunder vibrated in her ears, and the smell of ozone filled her nostrils.

‘We need to leave! He found us!’ a voice screamed in the back of her mind.

Hila woke up and threw the covers off her body. Her breathing was heavy and pajamas stuck to her because of the sweat. Now that was a new dream and she didn’t like it either. She jumped out of bed with that warning still echoing in the back of her mind. It sounded familiar but she did not know to who it belonged. Hila just felt a need to be more cautious.