TWO

A thousand years ago

Zeus was on his knees screaming in pain as his marriage bond was being dissolve letting himfeel as if his soul had been rip from his body. His eyes were electrifying white, the sky was dark as it felt the King of the Gods' pain. Loud thunder sounded in the sky and lighting kept hitting the earth.

The gods rushed into the throne room. They looked at the King of the Gods on the floor and stared at Hestia who had left the fire at the center. "Hera dissolved the marriage" She said as the gods eyes widened in shocked. As everyone believed that being the goddess of marriage, Hera was incapable of divorcing but it seemed like she found a way.

"Hermes get Hypnos!" one of the gods could be heard yelling over the thunder.

Lighting struck the sea and the earth multiple times. Hermes arrived quickly with Hypnos. The Gods took a couple of steps back as Hypnos gathered his powers of sleep and redirected it to Zeus.

It took a while before the thunder and lighting began to ceased. Zeus was asleep but the sky was still dark. "He is all yours, Apollo" Hypnos said calmly and disappeared. The God of Medicine stared his father with a wave of his hand he disappeared to the King's chamber. "I will try my best to take away father's pain" He said.

"Father will want to know the whereabouts of Mother. I will go and see where she has gone" Ares said and with flash of red he was gone.

Memories replayed in his mind. He remembered everything he had done to his wife, the good and the bad. Her smile and her tears and anger. When her face with tears streaming down her face came into view. He felt a deeper pain, his heart wrenched in his chest. He loved her but he didn't show enough.

Memories disappeared replaced by a continuous blue and white stream. He saw her in the distance.

Zeus flew towards Hera who was falling continuously. He could not get to her. He cannot get close enough to grab her hands. He reached out to her, pain and memories played out in his mind.

Hera dazedly opened her eyes, she could not remember, all she saw was Zeus' flying to her.

"Zeus..." She said before going unconscious again as her body seemed to glow and disappeared.

"No!" He screamed as the blue and white world dissolved and she was gone.