Chapter 6

You haven't left the house in days, feeling like your whole world was flipped upside down. Most of the boys were genuinely upset for you, pretty much everyone but Jack. He was ecstatic and wasn't afraid to show it. He tried to talk to you once, the day Spot walked out on you, but before he could even get a word in you were swinging. Crutchie had told you Jack's eye was stll swollen.

"Go away. I's already said I ain't talkin' to nobody" you said to the new presence you felt sit down on your bed. You were rolled over facing the wall so anyone that happened to pass by wouldn't be able to see the bags under your eyes or your tear stained cheeks.

"(Y/N), yous haven't eaten in days, me and the rest of the boys is gettin' nervous." The voice of Racetrack rings clearly in your ears, obviously laced with worry. He reaches out and touches you shoulder. "You's got to come eat lunch with us, if not for yous then for Crutchie and me, we's worried sick."

You sigh and roll over a little to look at him "s'Jack gonna be there?"

"Not a chance. He's still out sellin' his papes"

"Fine, I's gonna come to the table but I ain't hungry and I ain't cleanin' up my looks none either." you said in response, knowing you didn't have the mental stability to do all of those things right now. You got up and walked with Racetrack to the dining hall where most of the other Newsies were sitting waiting for lunch. Many of the boys greeted you with polite hello's and good to see you's. No one made a big deal out of you showing back up, much to your delite.

Sitting there at the table with the boys helped you realise that even though things were bad right now and you were hurting that it wasn't the end of the world, things almost started to feel normal again. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, very short, very late, and very bad. Probably my three most redeeming qualities, ask anyone :)

Sorry I can't do things, like, ever. I really do try but I have no motivation for anything anymore. I do actively have some of the next chapter written and I have the whole thing planned out! 

Next chapter, then the fight scene flashback, then another chapter, then the End!

We're getting there, and I'm hoping (no pressure on myself thought becsuse I'm currently Covid-19 positive so I do have to take it easy) to have the next two done this week, and then maybe the last to next week. But who knows, just gotta keep bending with whatever life throw my way so :)

So much love, Snow<3