Chapter 5

Silence. That's what you were met with when you and Spot walked into the lodging house. The boys were all sitting around eating dinner and when the doors opened everyone turned to look at you. Without stopping to hear anything anyone may have wanted to say you grabbed Spot's hand and pulled him to the roof. You stopped at the top of the stairs and turned to him.

"Stay right here for a minute while I talk to him. I'll come get you in a second" You walked out to Jack's penthouse and found him sittingand looking out at the fading sunset. You sit next to him facing him, a decent amount of space in between the two of you. "Jack, we need to talk."

He turns to look at you, anger still visibal in his eyes until he sees the dark bruising. The anger instantly melts into concern as he reaches out to run his hand along the bruise. You stop his hand, your eyes shooting daggers in his direction. "(Y/N)... I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you but you's being so irresponsible I can't help but be angry. Conlon ain't ever done anything good for anyone without twisting it for his benifit."

"You're wrong Jack. Why won't you just give him a chance? He ain't never done nothing to hurt me. He's stopped havin' his boys soak yours. Hell he threatened to soak his own boys because he thought they was being rude to me! Just talk to him... Please?" You give Jack your best puppy dog eyes and he sighs.

"Fine. I'll talk to him. But I ain't changin' my mind."

"Yeah yeah. I'll go get him." You get up and go get Spot, sending him to the roof and going down to talk to the other boys.

You sit down next to Crutchie. "Heya Crutch, did Jack stay up there all day?"

"Yeah, he's pretty upset abouts you and Conlon. I tried to talk to him but he wouldn't change his mind. Did you leave the two of 'em alone togethers?"

You look at him, the worry evident on your face "I did, should I have stayed with them?" Your question is answered quickly by the sounds of yelling and someone coming in angrily from the roof. Spot storms into the living room, bruising already noticable on his face and his nose bleeding. Before you can even react he turns to speak to you.

"We's over doll. I ain't wanna see you or the rest of your no good newsies anywhere near Brooklyn or my boys'll make sure you can't come back." He storms out of the house, leaving you standing there in shock wondering what the hell just happened on that roof.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I know that one was really short BUT I uploaded something so I'm proud of myself. 

Question time: For the next chapter would you like to see what the conversation between Jackv and Spot was -or- jump right to the next advancement of the story line? I would be happy to write either and since you are the ones reading you should decide :) If I don't get any answers I'll probably just move on to the next advancement so if you want to see the fight speak up!!

Okay, thats all, Snow <3