Chapter 21

Chapter 21

AN: Hey readers, welcome back! I know many are anxious about how I will have Naruto meet Tsunade this chapter, now that he has mastered the rasengan as well. Truthfully speaking, I will be a bit against Tsunade at the beginning [forewarning, as I felt she was let off to easy], but that will be over as soon as I put the will of fire back in her. Enjoy!

The streets were a as lively as they were in the day, but it was noticeable to Naruto that people were starting to slowly go back to their homes and resting places, for those who were out of town. It was strange how sometimes, Naruto didn't have much to think about rather than the present. But a topic weighed quite heavily on his mind- him becoming the clan head to both of his clans, now that he was a jonin. His political responsibilities had significantly increased, not to mention that he was now the last of both clans. One good thing about this though, was that he would now be allowed to live in his parents' house.

Before he could dwell on it further, a mental call from his tenant snapped his attention. 'Naruto, I need to talk to you.'

Naruto raised an eyebrow. Kurama was sounding unusually serious this time. 'Right now?'

'Yes, right now.'

Wow, not only was he unusually serious, but a little impatient and irritated as well. But for what reason? As far as he could recall, he had done nothing to aggravate Kurama. He would have asked the bijuu to continue their conversation like it was going now, but something in Kurama's tone told him that this conversation required some face to face talk.

'Alright, then.' In a blink, he was pulled into his mindscape, arriving at the valley on the edge of the great lake that represented his massive chakra reserves. Kurama was sitting right in front of him, on his hands and gazing right at him, hot air rushing past him whenever he exhaled. "What's up, Kurama?"

"I am good, if only a little bored. Even with having access to your eyes, events of the world tends to get a bit boring every now and then," Kurama smirked at the end.

Naruto smirked in return, "The world has heard your complaint, and it has been dutifully ignored. Now, what's the matter?"

Kurama's smirk disappeared as the atmosphere turned serious. "I wanted to talk to you about your fight earlier."

Naruto raised an eyebrow, "You mean, with Itachi and Kisame?"

Kurama nodded. "That one. Those men are extremely dangerous, Naruto. Even at your level, you would struggle against just one of them."

Naruto took a deep breath as he considered Kurama's words. He was not wrong exactly; Itachi and Kisame were in a league all of their own. They were part of an organization that was after the bijuu sealed in the jinchuriki, so it went without saying that he would have to face them at some point down the line. "What's your point?"

"My point is that some extra training should be undertaken. More specifically, I personally think that it's time you started to learn how use the greatest resource at your disposal," Kurama offered.

Naruto didn't need to be a genius to know just what his friend was hinting at. "You want me to start learning how to use your chakra?"

"Yes."

Naruto had some lingering doubt. "Do you believe that I'm ready for this, though? After all, your power is no joke at all."

Kurama grinned, exposing the sharp row of teeth he had. "You've been ready for using it for quite some time. Don't tell me that you're chickening out?"

Naruto snorted, "Your jokes have no sense of humor. So how will we do it?"

Kurama looked Naruto dead in the eyes, "I will begin training you in the use of my chakra. I have an inkling that because you have an impressive grasp on your emotions, you will be quick to master the more difficult part of it. But remember this, Naruto, that when the time comes, I want you to be able to fully use my chakra without relying on me as a buffer."