Chapter 12: A new start

"Lockdown initiated. All remaining personnel are instructed to report to the nearest bunker."

A computerized voice was heard on repeat, together with the blaring sounds of an alarm echoing in the facility.

A black-haired man, wearing a pair of glasses and a white lab coat is seen rushing inside a large room, filled with screens and computers. The metal door behind him closes shut with a thud.

A nametag labelled "Dr. Akimura" is visible on the front pocket of the man's coat.

Akimura: Begin transferring the data! We can't let it fall into their hands

One of the researchers in the room nodded and he immediately went towards one of the computers and began using the keyboard.

Researcher #1: Professor! The door won't hold much longer!

Someone else shouted as he ran away from the metal door of the room.

Akimura: Where are our IS units?

Researcher #2: They've all gone silent sir. I don't think there's anyone left

Researcher #3: The data have all been transmitted! I'm wiping it off our servers now!

Akimura: Good...

He released a sigh of relief as his legal gave in and he drops down to the floor, leaning against the wall. He then reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a photograph.

Akimura: Your mother and I have done all we can...

He muttered as he places his fingers on the photo. It is a picture of himself with his wife next to him, holding a newborn child.

Akimura: It's up to you now... My son...

.

.

.

.

.

*beep* *beep* *beep*

Akiri stirs awake and went to move his hand to turn off the alarm clock but as he does, he then felt an unusual weight on top of him, preventing him from moving.

Akiri: What the...?

He lifted off the covers to the shock of seeing that it was Tatenashi, laying on top of him wearing nothing but a loosely worn t-shirt.

Tatenashi: Oh...? Morning already...?

His face immediately went red up to his ears at the sight.

Akiri: Ta-Tatenashi?! What are doing in my bed?!

She rubs her eyes as she then stretches her arms, revealing more of her skin and Akiri quickly looks away and closes his eyes with his face reddened.

Tatenashi: Hm? Oh, since I've become your special coach, I need to keep a close eye on your health. That means I need to be close to you whenever possible

Akiri: That's not what coaches do! And put on some clothes!

Tatenashi: Hm? But I am wearing clothes