Chapter 4

The day of the meeting is here but the meeting, it's the one that happens before that meeting of the council. In this meeting, the alpha would tell us what to be expected in the meeting and what should we do in her absence. Eddy, Adrian, and Tyler are going to attend the first-ever meeting of this newly found council, though I should be attending it too, since I am not exactly the beta of the pack and I am very pregnant right now I am too stay here. Normally, I would be happy to be left behind but this time I would have to take care of the whole pack. Thankfully Kyle and Stephen would be here too.

There is still some time for the meeting and it's not the first time I would attend one but the last one that I attended lead to his death. I might be overreacting but the wounds still feel so fresh, I can still see him jumping in front of that bloody arrow. I still remember the pain I felt when that arrow broke his skin, the pain I felt when our bond broke when he...

Maybe I shouldn't go to this meeting, it's not like my presence would make any significant difference. Yeah, I shouldn't go. I will just make an excuse and tell Tyler that I cannot go. I would say...I would say that baby Jay is moving too much that I'm feeling nauseous. Yeah, that does sound like a good excuse. I don't think baby likes my idea but you don't have to kick me to tell that. And I am not lying, well not exactly. I am just...just not lying.

"Yes...yes. My Raven never lies. What she says might not be true but she never lies."

"Oh... so now you are talking to me. Nyx, you can't just ignore me for three months," I should be happy that she is finally talking to me but she is my wolf she shouldn't have left me too.

"I am sorry Raven, but he was my mate and I saw him die right in front of me. I was in too much pain, I needed some time."

"You were in pain then what about me. In case you hadn't noticed he was my mate too. That day I not only lost my mate but also my wolf. Do you how painful that is? You left me alone and you didn't even come out for the baby. Our baby."

"I know what I did was wrong and I will do anything to make up for it. I promise I won't do this ever again. From now on I will always be here. You should call Tyler if you want to avoid this meeting and I promise I won't call you a liar."

I laughed at that, finally finding my lost part. At least now I have my wolf back, I got back a part of me just when I had started losing hope. But she does have a point, if I want to get away with this, I have to tell Tyler soon.

"Tyler?"

"No, Raven. You have to go to this meeting."

"But..."

"Eddy has given me the responsibility of making sure that you be present there and I don't know about you but I like being alive. And I am too young to die. And no Adrian won't save me this time."

"But I didn't even say anything about not going."

"You were going to. And you have to be there, we will them others about that gender reveal party after meeting, that way we would be able to tell all of them at the same time. So it is another reason for you to be there."

"Not everyone would know that way, Xavier won't be there. So are you planning to tell him after the meeting?"

"I am not going to tell him anything, you are."

"Don't tell me you are scared of him too. I don't know why you and Kyle act like that when it comes to him."

"Just because he has a sweet spot for his girls, doesn't mean that same courtesy extends to his boys. I agree that he is a great parent but I still remember all the punishments. So, you'll have to tell him."