Chapter 6

I didn't know it was possible to regret your own plan for revenge, but I don't know what made it worse Tyler's face, full of betrayal mixed with fear as he tried to convince Eddy or Eddy's cold demeanor as she dragged him out of the room after assuring me that I did the right thing telling her, though that did little to assure me.

"Well, damn. He is dead," exclaimed Kyle.

"I shouldn't have told her." I can't help but feel guilty.

"No, you did the right thing. I don't know what's going on inside his brain but he is being very reckless these days. And such things have been painfully frequent and it's about time someone stops him, who better than Eddy to do that," Adrian reassured me.

"Should we go and see what's happening?" Stephen suggested and without consciously agreeing we all found ourselves outside the room, trying to eavesdrop on every word that could tell us what's happening inside.

"Umm...aunt Eddy, why is uncle Ty facing the wall?" asked Peter sounding concerned. You know you fucked up bad when even a child is worried.

"Was he naughty too? That's why he is punished like us," questioned Lydia.

"You can say that. So, which one of you wants to tell me what happened?"

"It wasn't our fault. Danny started it and Peter only colored him when he put color in my hair. He started it."

"I used to think that now you have grown up, you are a big boy and girl. But looks like you are still too young."

"No, I am a big boy, that's why I protected my sister like grown-ups. Big boys protect their family, right?"

"Yes, they do. But you know what else big boys do, they take responsibility for their actions. Both of you tell me honestly if you could have avoided this mess by just walking away and let some adult know."

"But dad told us that only weak back away from a fight and I am not weak. I am a strong boy? Just like you, dad and papa."

"Yes you are and your dad is right, but not everything is worth fighting. And you should be able to know if it is worth your time and energy. And what is the worse thing that would have happened if you had walked away from this, Danny would have teased you? Yes, but that is something he still does and is going to continue doing even after this. So after all this, what have you truly achieved besides this punishment. Think about it."

"We are sorry aunt Eddy, we won't do it again," they both apologized together.

"It would happen again, the reason might be different but the result would be the same and we would be sitting just like this, like me and my brothers used to after each punishment. And that's not why we are here today, we are not here to tell you to stop misbehaving. We are here to teach you that you need to take responsibility for your actions and learn to clean up your mess. I mean literally clean the mess you created. I have asked Sandra to not clean it as you and the gang would be cleaning your mess. And all of you would start helping in chores in the packhouse from tomorrow for a month and Sandra would tell me if anyone tried to avoid it. Okay."

Damn, I am impressed and I am feeling a bit better about the whole Tyler issue. He does need this whole parenting thing.

"Now go. Your parents are waiting for you outside."

"Shit she knew," whispered Kyle and before anyone could reply or move away to erase the evidence of our eavesdropping, the door opened.

"Raven, you must be exhausted. You should go home and rest. Don't worry about Tyler I would send him to you after I am done with him. And thank you for telling me." Eddy said and I nodded in reply.

There is nothing more I could do here and I am dead tired and famished. So I let Adrian drop me back home but not without a quick drop to pick a little something for me and obviously Tyler to eat later when he came back from his much-awaited and well deserved "talk" with Eddy. Till then I will wait.

Tyler's POV

I cannot believe she said that, I thought we came to an agreement that I would not do that again in exchange for her not telling it to Eddy. It's not that big of a deal anyway. Well, I am dead, I am so dead. Goodbye world I will miss you.