Chapter 2

My little outburst with Tyler had me a little clear-minded. It felt good to share what's been on my mind and especially to someone who didn't judge me or told me I was wrong, and I think that if I had told others, they would have reacted the same way. They all have been so supportive that I feel that I am taking advantage of them, but still couldn't trust them fully to not hurt me. Cause that's all has been done to me in past. Living in my pack was similar to hell, with daily abuse, and no emotional support system but life as a rogue wasn't a walk on flowers either. I didn't want to let go of my sanity just to get some company that's why I didn't become part of any group. Though number means safety I needed to keep my humanity intact, so I spend all these years alone. Got in trouble more times than I could remember had many near-death experiences. So, trusting people doesn't come easily to me, with him being my side trusting others was natural. I knew he won't let anything bad happen to me.

But now I'm not alone, I had to protect not only me but also a little life who hasn't even come into this world yet. I owe it to Jay to protect our child and provide a better life. So I guess Edena is right about not underestimating the mother's instinct to protect her child. I promise painful death to anyone who would pose any threat to the wellbeing of my child, but protecting one child is different from protecting a pack as big as this one. And even though we had some differences or it's just me, but I don't want to disappoint her. I don't if it's because she is my alpha, she was Jay's sister, or because I respect her. At least Kyle and Stephen would be here, I think they would be here, I don't remember Tyler mentioning it but I'm sure that Xavier would be here. I don't know when he took the place of father that I should have had in my life and I see the same amount of love in his eyes for me that he had for his children.

Well, this is how my usual morning looks like, me taking a peek at what's been cooking inside of my head, what new nightmare I have discovered while taking one such stroll through my head. I swear I have discovered so many things about me about how people act in the pack and how the pack should work while preparing breakfast for myself. Thankfully, my morning sickness phase didn't last long which was also one reason why I was late in discovering this pregnancy, but I still don't have much of an appetite especially in the morning. But I am wise enough to eat despite that or I can say that I have been scolded enough to know better to eat.

It is really hard to decide what to make for breakfast when you are the only one who's going to eat it. I mean I could simply eat cereals with whatever fruit I have or I could put some effort and make something like pancakes or even omelet. I am not craving cereals, to be honest, but is it worth the effort it would take to cook anything else.

I was busy thinking hard on this very important matter when the doorbell rang. Saved by the bell, I guess. But who would come this early in the morning?

"Aunt Raven, we missed you," I am ambushed by the two little devils as soon as I open the door. I looked down at them each hugging one of my legs making me doubt whether they really love me this much or I am just going to be in some trouble. One look at their dads confirmed that this time it's a later one.

"Good morning Raven. It's so good to see you. And you look absolutely stunning."

"Stephen, what do you need?"

"Hey don't be like this. We just came to see you and you are behaving that we don't do see you often."

"Not in the morning, you don't. and the way you both are buttering me you need something and I'm your last resort."

"See Steph, she is so smart. Well, you are right we do need to ask a favor from you. You know lately, we didn't get to spend much time as a couple, so we planned a whole day date for ourselves. And it's not likely to take kids with you on such occasion so we thought..."