Chapter 6

A/N : İyiki varsin. My favourite phrase in Turkish which means 'So glad that I have you'. And indeed , I am glad to have each one of you here.The silent readers,the ones who comment,the ones who wait patiently and never fail to show their support and warmth. Thank you so much. I am here because you are. ❤ Waiting for your feedback.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

(Hande's pov)
I woke with the same sinking feeling in my stomach that I'd gone to bed with.
My heart was tied up in all sorts of knots as the remnant of the dream left me crumbling inside.
This was unhealthy .
But I wish I knew a way I could stop.
My dreams were plagued by visuals of Kerem with Nilperi.
With other women.
Women he fancied.
Ughhhh!
I was miserable and heartbroken. I couldn't stop thinking about Kerem.
I couldn't stop replaying our conversation from yesterday.
I couldn't stop the stupid memories of his teasing jokes and playful smile from filling my head. And I certainly couldn't stop the media's current obsession with the two of us which had made things more complicated.
Allah!
I dropped my head into my hands as I sat on the side of my bed. For so long I'd been able to push these kinds of feelings away.
Why was I having such trouble doing that now?
Why did I have a sinking feeling that the answer had Kerem's name written all over it?
Even worse, why was it starting to feel like he might also be the cure for my swirling, conflicting emotions?

The shrill sound of the doorbell brought me out of my reverie.
I looked at the time on my mobile. 5AM .
The blue light from my phone glowed in the darkness of my room.It was still dark outside. The city was slowly waking up for another new day.
Who was here at the hour?
It couldn't be my cook either.She always came in at 7.
I slipped on my fluffy slippers and slowly went down the staircase.
The picture on the CCTV camera screen caught the breath in my throat.
What the hell was he doing here?
-"Handmiyyy open the door" he knocked against the wood.
I unlocked the door and he stepped into the foyer,bringing along with him a gust of chilly wind and fog.
-" Günaydin"
The hair on my neck bristled as the heady mix of his musky scent and the aroma of the hot coffe in the styrofoam cup infiltrated my system.With his deep, inherently sensual voice rasping up my spine, my first thought was the same one I always had when I saw him.

Gorgeous.

Followed immediately by sexy.

And then want.

But close on their heels was another.

Tired.

-"Keremm..Buradasınız"(Kerem.. you are here)
My voice came out a little breathy,almost unfamiliar to my ears.
My memories from the last couple of days,doused the flames with cold water.

-"Evet ben geldim" (Yes I came)
He inched closer , thrusting the coffe towards me."And I got you coffee".
-"At 5 in the morning?"
-" Evet..sorry for waking you up..but.." he did not look a least bit sorry.
-" Neden?"(Why?)
I bit down hard on my tongue as the question slipped out of my mouth.
Wasn't I supposed to be cool and collected ?
-"Ne neden?(What why?)
He was looking at me while I was trying my damnest not to look at him.
I looked upto find Kerem staring up at me, his hazel eyes even darker than normal, and so intense that my heart skipped a beat in my chest.
For a split second, I could see the desire on his face, knew mine matched it in equal measure, and yet past the desire was something that tore at my heart...a longing, a need I'd worked so long and hard to hold at bay in myself.

-" Why are you here Kerem? W..why are you bringing me my favourite coffe at 5 in the morning on our off day like we have something going on here ..when you are supposed to be somewhere else ...with..s..someone else..?"
- "I’m sorry if I hurt you yesterday,I am sorry for saying those things..” he said, and for some reason his apology only fanned the flames of my anger. “You didn’t deserve that...I ”
-" Öyle mi? One moment I'm important, next minute I'm background at best, can't say which one I prefer Kerem. What's making my head spin are the transitions.I shared everything with you Kerem..every single damn thing.And you?Honestly, what are we even doing here because let me remind you Kerem Bürsin that yesterday you told me that we will never be friends." I jabbed my fingers at his chest and gave a huff of bitter laughter as I remembered the way he'd hit me way below the belt with his words yesterday.
Whether it was the raging emotions or a buildup of tension from the past few months of ignoring our chemistry, my self-control slipped. The hurt and fury just exploded out of me.
“You know what, Kerem? You’re right. I deserve better. I’ve deserved better my whole life, but I never got it.” I let all my pain blaze out at him and he stood there, frozen by my words. “But I refused to ask for better throughout my life..I refused to ask for better everytime I allowed someone to come close to me... I won’t make that same mistake ..again.."
His silence hurt me even more.
Did he not want to mend 'us'?
Did he have nothing to say in return?
He was remorseful only in words.
-"Git”
-"Handee.."
I was too angry to see the change in his expression, to hear the softness when he said my name.
“Kerem, just leave..that's what people do anyway"
 I shrugged and whipped around, walking away from him toward the kitchen, hoping by the time I got out of there he’d be gone.
But I didn’t even make it inside.
I heard the quick footsteps behind me seconds before I was yanked around and crushed against him.
He whispered my name before his head dipped and his lips came down on mine.

And I kissed him back.

The truth was, even when he pissed me off I wanted him.
And that made me even angrier.
My emotions fed into the kiss as I wound my arms around his neck and curled my fingers into his hair. Our tongues stroked in desperation as Kerem felt the heat of my anger and caught fire.
For the first time in my life, I gave myself over entirely to a man. Not only because Kerem's kiss demanded it, but because I wanted nothing more than to feel.

Everything.

Everything I'd dreamed of for so long.

Everything I'd longed for in the secret hours of the night when my defenses came down.

Kerem's mouth moved over mine, his hands cupping my hips and pulling me in tighter before making a slow path up my back to my shoulders and then into my hair. I finally let myself embrace the freedom to feel, to desire and be desired...and most of all, to pretend for a few short moments that there were no consequences to this kiss.

___________________
A/N: Every single action in this world has its own consequences. But the question is will the consequences be in their favour ?
This chapter was short but I really wanted to update for you all. 😜 Stay tuned for the next chapter which is coming out very very soon. I mean maybe tomorrow or the day after.😜