Tesseract

Rue

Walking down the sidewalks in a burgundy knitted sweater and casual pants, Rue found a fancy black car parked on the curb. Happy stepped out from the driver's side and opened the back door where a dark shadow cast on the inside.

"I thought I was going to meet up with her," she said confusedly.

"We were close so we're picking you up," Happy told her.

"Thank you," she smiled, getting in.

"Good morning, Miss Baker," Pepper greeted.

"Ms. Potts."

"This is all so soon so I only have an hour to throw years of knowledge on Tony to you before my meeting," she explained. "Can you keep up?"

"I'm sure I can."

As the car started onto the street, Pepper excessively talked about Tony, how he was a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, and Iron Man; all of the things she knew. She continued to chatter about his likes and dislikes, the team he was apart of in which she all took mental notes.

Pepper took a small pause, rolling her eyes to search for more information when the car pulled onto the curb in front of the new titled tower. Happy led them inside and Rue winked at the guard that had racially profiled her the day before and went in the elevator.

Reaching the top floor, there were boxes of her belongings outside an office door and her eyebrows raised when Pepper handed her notes of Tony's passcodes. She led her away from the room and down the hallway to the lounge to tell her about his juice blends, black coffee, and liquor.

"I'll go get the car started," Happy said, hinting it was time to leave.

Once he was gone, Pepper leaned in, "After the incident, Tony has been having a couple of panic attacks. So if it ever happens, just try to calm him down."

"Yeah, sure," she said.

"Well, that's it," Pepper concluded with an exhale. She began to take a few steps back and added, "Good luck."

Rue leaned back to the corner of the counter and crossed her arms wondering the luck she had thrown. She hoped it wasn't a big deal and had faith in herself that the job wouldn't be difficult.

Footsteps were approaching then stopped and when she looked up, she found the blond man from the elevator standing there. His eyebrows raised then dropped, narrowing his eyes.

"Rue Baker," she cut the silence. "I'm Tony Stark's new assistant."

"Steve Rogers," he said, and they shook hands. "I'm not an assistant. Do you know where he is?"

"Uh, no. I just finished the tour," she explained. "I still have to move into my office."

"Oh well, let me help you out," he said. "I need something to do."

From the way he asked, he seemed desperate in human interaction and she kindly nodded, moving around the corner. She walked beside him down the hallway and opened the door to her large office that had a wide view of the city.

"I'm surprised they rebuilt quickly," he said to himself.

Leaving the door wide, she carried a box in and frowned when he stacked five and took them in. He effortlessly set them down on the table and slowly unpacked her belongings.