Spacewalker

Rue

Rue zipped her suit as she listened to Cap's plans on the Novi Grad as Clint flew the jet. Her job was to keep portals open on multiple ends of the city for quick evacuation.

"What about the robots?" Pietro questioned. "There are thousands."

"So take them down," Cap said.

The jet slowed in midair and hovered over the city when the door began to open. Tony and Thor flew out and Bruce jumped, hoping he'd land as the Hulk. Safely following Rue, the rest stepped out to the alarm blaring city.

Quicksilver had already sped out of sight as Hawkeye and Captain yelled orders to move into the absurd blue cloud. Opening many more around the perimeter, she expected civilians to go in.

"Drones," Wanda muttered, throwing scarlet energy balls.

Rue created gateways that took over the bots and reopened for Wanda to shoot them down to make a pathway to take cover in a building.

"There are too many," Wanda huffed.

"Not enough," she dryly chuckled. "Why don't you use your mind and get us outta here?"

"Of course."

Following the scarlet out, she twirled her hands to control the drones that weakly shot at Rue until they powered down.

"Hey Spacewalker, what was your plan?" Tony questioned.

Just as she was about to answer, the ground rumbled like an earthquake and she stumbled to grab the side of the building. She glanced at Wanda whose gaze was up and she continued it to the moving mass of land.

"It has begun," Wanda spoke.

"You got it?" Rue asked and she nodded.

Traveling onto the elevating capital, Cap was just pushing a group of civilians into the portals. An entire battalion of drones hovered over them and began to fire sources of energy she consumed as he shielded.

"Toss me," she said.

Steve nodded and crouched afar letting her sprint to build momentum as she leaped onto the shield he lifted and she tackled a drone. Dismantling one, she jumped over to the next one and used its head as a shift when another shot at her but it killed its own before yanking its head off. Cap threw his shield at the last one as she landed on the ground.

"Help!" Somebody help!" someone cried out and they rushed over.

He tried to hold onto the back bumper of the car that was tipping over the edge when Thor dropped in.

"Get ready to catch it," Rue spoke and they frowned at her. "Just catch it."

Thor turned around, setting his hammer down, and steadied his feet on the ground. With a nod, Steve released the car and the people inside screeched as they plummeted into a portal that reappeared next to them where the god set it down. He took them out of the car and safely led them into the portal that connected to the ground.

"I can't find one," Pietro spoke. "A gateway."

"Where are you?" she asked as Thor took off.

"Need help?" Maria's voice intercepted and she could hear Fury's voice.

"Is this the Avengers?" Pietro questioned.

"Hell yeah," the Director smirked.

From afar, they could see the massive Helicarrier dispatch smaller planes for rescue when hundreds of people emerged from hidings.

"They didn't take the portals," Rue muttered and helped the evacuation team.

War Machine flew in and shouted orders for the civilians to take seats as the piece of land continued to elevate. Loud gunshots were fired nearby and everyone ducked before continuing to board.

"Ultron stole the jet," Nat informed. "But we found the device to control the land."

The firing from the jet started to move on the civilians but it shifted to an open space where she saw faintly the bullets enter the silver figure. Holding her breath, she watched Pietro drop and Wanda's wail through the comms.

"We have to go protect the device so Ultron doesn't launch it," Steve said, pulling on her arm.

A green shape caught her eye when the Hulk jumped into the jet and it moved around, tossing scraps out then it flew away. Clint had run in to deliver a boy and sprint back to carry Pietro's body onto the carrier.

"Go," she spoke. "You don't want to be up here."

Steve finally let go of her hand, joking the passengers with Clint and as the aircraft went down, she began to move from the cliff. Traveling to the center of the capital, she felt the air getting wispy and looked up to see they were at the last atmospheric layer.

Flipping the switch, she began to float at a faster rate the land was moving and into the air. She could hear the buildings collapse at the opposite force gravity was pulling them down.

With all of the energy she had consumed and the enlightenment that seemed like a rise of power, she let go. A portal warped her body facing the other direction. Instead of it being a blue cloud, it was black and airy; an endless hole.

It began to suck in the debris of Navi Grad is it reached the rim of Earth's atmosphere. When she dropped, her feet landed on the ground that vacuumed the center. Eating itself from the inside, the city folded into the dark energy she was creating.

When the island reached its vibranium core, a light of explosion expanded and retracted into the hole. Nothing was left of the city as she closed the gateway to an abyss and she dropped into a portal.

"Was that a...." Tony trailed off and she nodded.

"I knew you could do it," Clint smirked.

"Are we done?"

"I guess we are," Nat dryly chuckled.

As they emerged from the destroyed building, they spotted a flash of yellow light in the forest that quickly ended.

Stepping onto the Helicarrier, they took their seats and sighed at the stressful event they achieved. Rue leaned her back and quietly hummed, holding Steve's hand as they flew towards the sunn back to New York.

————————

Madness- Ruelle
Towards the Sun- Rihanna