Buzzfeed - Ranking the New Songs Off BTS Member Anastasia's Self-titled EP

February 28th, 9:09 PM - Ryan Schocket 

BTS Member Anastasia has released her debut solo EP! Announced two weeks ago, on February 14th, Valentine's Day, coincidentally, she released two Teaser Photos on her Instagram, and today, she released it! So, I'm here to rank all the songs on her new EP! 

6 - BOSS

This is the Lead Single from 'ANASTASIA', and, to me personally, her weakest, but that isn't saying anything, as it still is an excellent song and a song I have probably listened to thrice already today. The powerful pulsating synths, paired with the trap/hip-hop results in a rather badass, power-anthem sort of song, and one I will be putting on quite frequently.

Grade - 8.0

5 - Hometown 

This Song is an ode to her childhood, and her hometown of Detroit, Michigan. This a softer song, and my introduction to the album, (as I didn't watch the music video(s) until after listening to the album.) I found it to be a rather good introduction to her EP, setting the tone for what we will get to hear on the album. The album features a wide variety of instrumentals, ranging from soft guitar strums, to heavy synths, and you can hear the influence of Suga and RM (her fellow bandmates) on the song, each in their own way. A great song, all in all.

Grade - 8.0

4 - BYE (Feat. CL)

This Song features Rapper 'CL', from the now-defunct Korean Girl Group '2NE1' It features powerful rap verses from CL and strong vocals from Anastasia. It features beats, and lyrics reminiscent of CL's group, '2NE1'. Hearing about this group, I had to go take a listen to some of their songs, and it sounds a bit like 'I Am The Best', and they both fit the concept of this song. Another powerful girl-power anthem, and one that is already in many of my Spotify playlists.

Grade - 8.5

3 - moon&sun

This Song... Man, where do I start. It is an emotional ballad, reflecting society, and how acceptance, and love, many times, do not go hand-in-hand. This song, I was most looking forward to, as the title itself was mysterious, and I was finding myself wondering 'What will this song be about?', well, Mrs. Anastasia did not disappoint. The light, pop/alternative/folksy vibes of this song give off a storytelling feel, and I found myself shedding a tear or two at a time.

Grade - 9.0

2 - closing

This Song is the closer of the EP, and arguably, would affect my opinion on the album as a whole, and, based on the past songs, I had high expectations for it. She did not let me down, and probably overshot the mark by a quarter of a mile. This song talks about her growing up, and closing chapters of her life, and how this is a new chapter. In the words of Anastasia herself, ' closing talks about my trainee years, the struggle of the beginning years, and me growing up.' All in all, this song is great!

Grade - 9.5

1 - right here (feat. ROSÉ)

This Song is everything I needed. This is a collaboration with Rosé of Blackpink and comes with a great Music Video/Short-film. This song conveys a powerful storyline, and that is why it is my favorite song on 'ANASTASIA', Anastasia and Rosé's vocals perfectly intertwine and create an atmosphere that only a few artists are able to create.

Grade - 10.0