jasmine

dear jazzy,

i would love to be friends with you! god, you'll be my first ever friend! i'm so happy! i'll let you know some other things about me and you can reply back by answering them if you want to. my favorite food are ramen noodles. i eat them alot and they are the college struggle food. my favorite color is blue. my favorite song is respect by aretha franklin. my favorite fruit are blueberries. i know i told you this in the first letter but i love to sing. i'll sing anything. my boyfriend doesn't like me singing so i haven't relly sung in a while but when he's not around, i'll slip in a melody or two. ok. i think that's good now. i hope you have a wonderful day!

pippa~

i closed the letter and began to write mine. i don't really like the sound of phillipa's boyfriend. he sounds like he's in control of her more than she is. i didn't want to butt in on her personal life so i just answered the same things she answered. i reread the letter and placed it in the envelope mr. russell provided us. i was about to get up and put it in the basket until i felt sarah tug the sleeve of my shirt.

"what?" i whispered.

"can you put mine in the basket also?" sarah asked.

i rolled my eyes, "fine."

i grabbed hers and made my way towards mr. russell's desk. he smiled as i placed both mine and sarah's in the basket. i walked by to my seat and pulled out my phone. i got a notification from anthony so i tapped it.

anthony

hey jazzy jaz. i wanted to know if you and sarah are coming over to my dorm tonight

oh shit! i forgot it's movie night tonight at your dorm. should i bring anything?

can you bring some chips? daveed likes to bring hot ones but we gon need some regular ones also

yeah i'll get some. anything else?

nah that's all. so around 8 is when we plan on getting this whole thing started, that ok with you two?

i tapped sarah's shoulder and she looked at me.

"what?" sarah asked.

"you coming over to anthony's dorm tonight for movie night?" i asked her.

sarah smile and nodded, "hell yeah. daveed brings the good chips so he speaks my language. what time does it start?"

"anthony said around 8." i replied.

sarah nodded so i texted anythony back.

anthony

yeah. we'll be there. renee's bringing the ice cream right?

yes and she's bringing your disgusting ass flavored one too

cookie dough is good and you know it

whatever cephas. see you later

see you later, ramos

---

"alright, i think anthony likes these." i muttered to myself.

we were currently getting some chips for the movie night. sarah came with me to get her favorite bag of chips. she came back with four bags of hot cheetos and plopped them in the shopping cart. i looked at the chips and then back at her with a raised eyebrow.

"what? hot cheetos are me and daveed's favorite!" sarah pouted.

i rolled my eyes, "yeah ok. anything else we missing?"

sarah looked in the shopping cart full of chips.

"nope i think we got it covered." sarah smiled. 

i laughed as we walked up to pay for the chips. as i was putting the chips on the conveyor belt, i felt a pair of eyes staring at me. i looked up slightly to see the cashier was checking me out. not in the flirtatious way but in a predator way. i felt uncomfortable but pushed it aside. i walked up to the card swipe to wait until he gave me the amount. he gave it to me after he bagged up the last chip bag. i did the process while sarah put the bags in the shopping cart.

"hey you're like really cute." i heard the cashier say.

i looked up slightly and saw his nametag read "cash". i smirked a little to myself and put my card back in my bag.

"thank you but i'm gay so have a nice night!" i smiled as i walked with sarah out the store.

i heard him groan as we walked out. sarah was laughing the entire time we were walking to the car. i opened the trunk and began putting bags in while sarah laughed her ass off.

"help me put these bags in, you ass." i laughed.

sarah giggled a little and grabbed a bag, "why did you say that so happily?"

i rolled my eyes and sighed, "well i didn't completely lie to him."

"i know, i know but still, that was hilarious." sarah laughed to herself, "how long will that be your excuse?"

i shrugged, "i don't know. maybe until i find a boyfriend or girlfriend or just someone. then, i can say i have someone and not lie."

sarah gasped and looked at me, "you told someone you had someone once?"

"of course i did." i laughed as i closed the trunk, "it was a worker at starbucks. he was trying so hard to hit on me or get my number but i didn't budge. i finally had enough and told him i had a girlfriend."

sarah smiled and shook her head, "god you're a mess, jasmine."

we got in the car. i sat in the driver's seat while sarah sat in the passenger's. i started the car and started driving towards the dorms.

889 [not including the a/n]

third update for  the pen pal book! i'm really happy you all like it. how do y'all like it so far?