phillipa

tw physical abuse, basically mikey being a bitch

i fell down on the floor with my hand up to my cheek. mikey just slapped me hard across my face. i looked up at him with an angered expression.

"what the hell is wrong with you?!" i yelled at him.

"why can't you leave chloe alone?" mikey asked.

i furrowed my eyebrows, "the fuck are you talking about? i haven't even talked to her or even looked her way ever since her dummies beat me the fuck up!"

mikey sighed, "you're lying, phillipa. chloe said you threatened her yesterday."

"i didn't have any classes yesterday so how could it be me?" i asked.

"she said you texted her." mikey replied.

i got up and leaned on the wall, "i don't even have her number so i couldn't have done that."

mikey pulled out his phone and showed me a screenshot of a text conversation. it was chloe talking to some unknown number. the unknown number was threatening chloe and chloe was scared basically.

"this ain't you, pips?" mikey asked.

"no it's not." i told him.

he growled and slapped me again.  it wasn't as hard but it was still painful.

i sighed, "listen, i don't know what's with you and slapping me but it's really starting to piss me the fuck off."

"stop threatening chloe." mikey stated.

"i'm not! why can't you believe that?! it's a unknown fucking number! it could be anyone so why would it be me?!" i shouted.

"cause chloe said it was you." mikey answered.

"chloe could've lied, mikey. i know you're not that stupid." i mumbled the last part but apparently he heard it.

mikey held me against the wall. his breath was hot against my face.

"you wanna say that again, phillipa?" mikey asked.

"a-all i said w-was that you're not that stupid." i weakly replied.

"but i'm still stupid huh?" mikey smirked.

i stayed quiet. i already knew that whatever i said didn't matter. he was still going to beat me.

---

i walked into my writing class i had and sat in my usual seat. the back seat. i waited until the other students arrived. i covered my bruises i had on my arms with a giant black hoodie and i had the bruises on my face covered with bandages. ms. kinpley began to hand out the letters. when she got to me, she whispered something in my ear.

"i want to see you after class please." ms. kinpley whispered.

i nodded and she smiled. i opened my letter in a hurry.

dear pips,

i did have a good weekend thank you. sucks that you have school on saturday though. really. i never knew you were getting bullied, pips. i wish you told me sooner but that's fine. whether you believe it or not, i used to get bullied alot but then i had a huge support team (my friends) who helped me through it. i know you only have me as a friend but i wanna help you. no one, especially you, shouldn't have to go through that. you sound like such a nice and caring person. they must envy that. if i ever see you, or meet you, i'll give you a hug because why not. sunday was also boring for me. i basically ate junk food with my two girlfriends, renee and sarah. also, it's ok if you wanna talk to me about what's happening. i'm here but not physically, ya know? anyways, i came up with a new nickname for you, pippins. is that alright? i think it sounds good. fits what i think you're personality is. hope you have a good day, pippins.

p.s. i'll beat mikey's ass for you too if i ever see him. he's a bitch.

jazzy~

i smiled at the letter. jasmine really sounds like she really cares. even thought she's never met me, she cares. i started to write back to her

---

"and don't forget guys, you have a test on wednesday. study please." ms. kinpley announced as the students began to leave. 

i grabbed my backpack and walked up to her desk. she closed the door and walked back to her desk. she gave me a gentle smile as she sat down.

"you wanted to see me, ms. kinpley?" i asked.

"yes. i did." she smiled, "pull up a chair please."

i grabbed a chair and sat in front of her desk.

"what's up?" i asked.

"i wanted to talk to you about your grades." ms. kinpley replied.

my eyes widened, "i'm sorry if i missed any assignments. i'll try to get them in on time."

ms. kinpley laughed, "you're doing great in all your classes so i have a question for you. what would you think of going to another college?"

my smiled faded, "what do you mean?"

"there's a college in brooklyn where i think you would fit in perfectly. i already have a scholarship ready for you from the principal there. he saw your grades and was astonished. this college is nothing compared to that one over there. you'd do so amazing and you would have more subjects you'd want to probably try." ms. kinpley explained, "so, what do you think?"

i thought for a second and then smiled, "that sounds lovely. i would love to go."

ms. kinpley beamed, "great! i'll call the principal to let him know you accepted the offer!"

i nodded, "so when do i go there?"

"once you finish this semester, you'll go there. that sounds good?" ms. kinpley asked.

i nodded, "yes it does. thank you, ms. kinpley."

889 [not including a/n]

imma let you know now. i don't know if that's how scholarships work in college or if any of that's a thing. but for the storyline, go with it. logic doesn't exist in this book. well, not common logic i guess