sixteen, the battle of starcourt.

el is screaming and sobbing as we stood by concerned. mike looks at her leg, the flesh was sizzling.

"what is that?" erica asks.

"there's something in there," mike said.

"no!" el screams.

"jesus christ," dustin muttered.

"keep her talking. keep her awake, okay?" jonathan instructs before standing up and run to a food counter.

"hey, hey, hey. stay awake, stay awake. let's get her on this side, on this side," mike says and they carefully move her.

"you know, it's actually not that bad. there was a... the goalie on my soccer team, beth wildfire, this other girl side into her leg," robin rambles. "and the whole bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane."

"robin," steve called for her attention.

"yeah?"

"you're not helping."

"i'm sorry," robin apologized as jonathan comes running back to us.

"okay. all right, el? this is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" he said.

"okay," el sobbed.

"need you to stay real still," he puts gloves on and gives her a wooden spoon. "here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?"

"jesus christ," dustin mumbled as mike takes the spoon and puts it in her mouth.

el whimpers as jonathan raises the knife, dustin muttering out curses the whole time. jonathan hesitates and looks at them.

"do it," mike nods.

"okay."

el screams as he cuts through her leg, biting down on the wooden spoon harshly. blood oozed out of her leg. y/n nearly threw up at the sight and was sure everyone else felt the same.

jonathan drops the knife, el still screaming and sobbing. he slowly puts his gloved hand in and she screeches. they all exclaim out of disgust. out of instinct, y/n grabbed max's hand and squeezed it, looking away from el's leg. el lets out screams as he continued to search her leg.

"jonathan!" nancy shouts.

"stop talking!" he shouted back, moving his hand and el screams again. "goddamn it!"

"no!" el spits out the spoon. "stop it! stop! stop!"

jonathan puts his hand away instantly.

she grunts as she slowly sat up, "i can do it. i can do it."

el pants, focusing on her leg to take out whatever was in there. her skin was moving as the creature chitters. she begins to scream so loud that the glass behind them broke. they move away so they don't get hit with the glass.

el eventually gets it out of her leg, still screaming, before throwing it far away. it begins to crawl but gets stepped on. they look up to see hopper, joyce, and some man y/n didn't recognize in front of them.

-

"the mind flayer, it built this monster in hawkins, to stop el, to kill her and pave a way into our world," mike said.

"and it almost did. that was just one tiny piece of it," y/n added.

"how big is this thing?" hopper questioned.

"it's big," jonathan replied. "thirty feet. at least."

"yeah. it sorta destroyed your cabin," lucas piped up. "sorry."