one, madmax.

"to slay the dragon, use the magic sword!"

"oh, jesus! i'm in uncharted territory here, guys," dustin said, his eyes not leaving the screen.

"down! down! down!" his friends yelled.

"i'm going! i'm going!" he shouts. he moved the joystick back and forth while pressing the button repeatedly as they all talked at the same time. "okay. shut up. shut up. shut up!"

his character ends up getting burned.

"no! no! no!" dustin yelled, banging on the arcade machine. "i hate this overpriced bullshit! son of a bitch! piece of shit!"

"you're just not nimble enough but you'll get there one day. but until then princess daphne is mine!" lucas smirked.

"whatever. at least i'm still tops on dig dug and centipede."

"are you sure about that?" keith says, popping out of nowhere.

"sure about what?" dustin asked. keith doesn't answer and just crunches on a cheese puff. "you're kidding me. no, no, no." the group of five run past him, pushing people on the way as they run towards the dig dug game machine. they reach the game and the screen is bright with the scores showing, dustin being in second place.

"751,300 points!" exclaimed will.

"that's impossible," mike said.

"who is mad max?" dustin questioned as they turn to keith.

"better than you," he shrugged earning a middle finger from dustin.

"is it you?" y/n asked.

he scoffs, "you know i despise dig dug."

"then who is it?"

"yeah, spill it, keith."

"you want information, then i need something in return."

everyone looks at mike.

"no, no, no. no way. you're not getting a date with her," mike spat out angrily.

"mike, come on. just get him the date," lucas insisted.

"don't do it, it's not worth it," y/n scoffs, rolling her eyes. mike nods at her in agreement.

"but-"

"i'm not prostituting my sister!" he yelled.

"but it's for a good cause," lucas whined.

"no, don't get him the date. you know what? he's gonna spread his nasty ass rash to your whole family," dustin points.

"acne isn't a rash and it isn't contagious, you prepubescent wastoid," keith retorts defensively.

"oh, i'm a wastoid?"

they continue to bicker. y/n rolls her eyes, tuning them out.

-

mr. clarke places a model of a brain on the table.

"meet the human brain. i know. i know, it doesn't look like much. a little gross even, right?"

the party were the only ones interested in the lesson, everyone else were bored out of their minds.

"but consider this. there are a billion cells inside of this miracle of evolution. all working as one. no, no, i did not misspeak. i did not stutter. a hundred billion."

a girl's bubblegum pops as the door opens and closes.

"ah, this must be our new student," mr. clarke's attention turns to whoever entered the room.