ten, the mall rats.

y/n was eating cereal when she heard a knock on the door. she was home alone so she had to go and get it. she opened the door and saw... "el?" y/n questioned.

"we need to talk," was all she said before letting herself in.

"uh, what- oh, um, okay," y/n followed her up the stairs to her room.

-

"are you serious?" y/n exclaimed, mouth agape as she took what el had told her. el nods. "you said that he said his nana was sick, right?"

she nods again.

y/n scoffed, "bullshit! i know for a fact that his nana isn't sick."

like a lightbulb has just popped out of her head, she got an idea. she stood up, "well, good thing you came to me because i got an idea. but first, let me get dressed."

(your outfit, without the glasses)

-

"where are we going?" el asked me as y/n held her hand, leading her to max's house.

"i'm taking you to max's house," y/n informed. she saw the slight distain on el's face. "i know you don't like her but i promise you, you will. i want you guys to be friends."

max was out in the road playing with her skateboard. she tries doing a trick but the skateboards ends up rolling away. el grabs it and the two of them walked towards her.

el gave the skateboard back to her, "hi."

"hi?" max replied in a more questioning manner.

"can we talk?" she shuffled nervously.

-

"and then he said he- he missed me," el said the same things she told y/n. they were sitting on max's bed as the redhead in mention was pacing around in front of them. "and then he just hung up."

"he's a piece of shit," max commented.

"what?" she questioned.

"mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his nana obviously isn't sick," max states. "i guarantee you, him and lucas are playing atari aright now."

"but friends don't lie," el says.

"yeah, well, boyfriends lie," she sneered. "all the time."

she sat down next to her, looking at her directly in the eyes, "you're going to stop calling him. you're going to ignore his calls. as far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist."

"doesn't exist?"

"he treated you like garbage," y/n chimed in. "you're gonna treat him like garbage. give him a taste of his own medicine."

el slowly nods, "give him the medicine."

"mm-hmm. and if he doesn't fix this..." max trailed off.

"if he doesn't explain himself," y/n continued.