four, will the wise.

"will!" dustin screams as he and y/n looked for him.

"dustin! y/n!" a brunette woman came up to them.

"mrs. byers?" y/n looked at her.

"what's going on? where's will?" she asks.

lucas comes running towards us, "the field."

they got to the field and will was standing there. mike was shaking him, "i just found him like this! i think he's having another episode!"

"will! will! will!" they all stood around him as his mom shakes him. "sweetie, wake up! it's mom! will!"

"will, wake up!" she urged. "can you hear me?"

they all had concerned looks as she continues to call for him.

"it's mom! it's me!" she almost screams, scared.

will suddenly gasps, his eyes opening.

-

the kids stood, watching as joyce and will got into the car.

"okay, that totally freaked me out," max cuts off the silence. "did that not freak you guys out?"

lucas ignores her question, "two episodes in two days."

"it's getting worse," y/n frowned.

"you think it's true sight?" he questioned.

"what's true sight?" max asked.

lucas opens his mouth then closes it again. he just shakes his head, "it's nothing."

they watched will and his mom drive away.

-

"stop being a baby and do it already!" mike shouts.

max scrunches her nose in disgust, "this is so disgusting. is this really necessary?"

dustin comes from around the corner, "what the hell's going on?"

"what do you think? we're looking for dart," y/n said as if it was obvious.

trash bags come out from the trash and lucas jumps out afterwards.

"well, well, well. look who finally decided to show up. after i drew the short straw. real convenient," he remarked.

"you stink," max says, walking over to stand in between dustin and y/n.

"hi, max," dustin smiles.

"hi," she looks at him weirdly before smiling at y/n.

"where's will?" he asks.

"he'll be here," mike answers.

"are you just gonna stand there?" lucas throws a stick to dustin. "or you gonna help?"

they all started poking the trash bags with the sticks.

-

"we need to talk. AV room. right now," mike runs towards the party.

they started to stand up, max included. mike turned to her with a mean glare, "party members only."

she stops in place.

"what the hell, mike?" y/n exclaimed. "just let her come."

"no! this is non-negotiable," he argues.

she glanced at max then back at mike. she sighs, "sorry, max." she then proceeded to walk after the others.

-

"will didn't want me to tell anyone, but on halloween night he saw some sort of shadow in the sky," mike said.

"a shadow?" questioned lucas. "what kind of shadow?"

"i don't know. but it scared him. and if will really has true sight... i mean, if he can really see into the upside down, maybe he saw that shadow again yesterday."

"so that's why he was frozen like that?" dustin asked.

"maybe."

"can it hurt him?" y/n asked. "i mean, if this shadow thing isn't from our world..."

"i'm not sure," mike shook his head. "dustin?"

"well, if you're in another plane, you can't interact with the material plane, so theoretically, no, the shadow can't hurt him," he explains.

"yeah, if that's even happening. this isn't D&D. this is real life," said mike.

"so what do we do?" lucas asks.

"we acquire more knowledge," he answered. "i'll go to will's after school. see what's going on. you guys stay here and find dart."

"dart? what's he gotta do with this?" dustin asks.

"will heard him in the upside down. i don't know how yet, but he's gotta be connected to all this. he's gotta be. if we find dart, maybe we can solve this thing. maybe we can help will."

-

y/n was walking out of school and saw lucas and max arguing. curious, she walks towards them.

"max!" lucas shouts.

"you still stink by the way!" she calls out as she walks away.

y/n approached lucas, confused, "the hell did you do?"

"she got mad," he said.

she rolled her eyes, "i can see that, dingus."

"she thought we didn't want her in the party and got mad because we were keeping secrets," he explained briefly. y/n looked at max's direction and noticed how her brother was glaring at the two of them.

"oh," she glanced away from him, feeling uncomfortable.

EDITED ON 4/20/22