two

i got excited so here's an update i wasn't supposed to do 

MICHAEL OPENED THE CASH REGISTER again for the fifth time since getting there, waiting for some new money to just magically appear so this place would be rich and he’d get a pay-raise. Maybe even a criminal could come in, and he’d save the day, then get a reward for capturing the guy.

The bell that was placed above the door rang and Michael sat up, trying to see who came in. It wasn’t a criminal, just Calum Hood, who was still a little drunk, but sobering up. His fists were now loose and holding some money, and his expression was gentle.

The rich bitch walked over and Michael hated the fact that he felt something bubble up and he wasn’t sure if it was jealousy over his money or butterflies. He figured it was at least sixty-five-percent of jealousy as he looked over the rich guy clothes. He wore a checkered flannelette long-sleeved shirt that started black and faded to red and black checks over a white shirt and under a leather jacket, as well as black jeans. Man, Michael would love to have clothes like that.

“Do you have any gummy-worms?”

Michael looked at the computer next to him, seeing a packet of the requested lolly just next to it, but ignored them. “If you looked down more than one aisle, you might find them.”

“Hey, don’t be rude, I’m worth more than your house.” The guy said non-chalantly, looking down the aisles.

“Yeah, and that’s not rude.” The white-haired boy returned sarcastically.

They didn’t talk after that, and when the tanned boy started groaning about how there were no more packets left, the pale one took this as a chance to annoy him and open the packet beside the computer. He hung one from his mouth, holding it with his teeth.

“Find what you need?”

The Kiwi widened his eyes, “Is that . . . a gummy-worm?” he looked like a puppy not getting played with when it was hyper. He looked actually sad that he couldn’t find any and Michael almost gave the packet to him, but he shook his head, showing no signs of weakness or affection (when really he just wanted to back the guy up against a wall and make out with him or squish his cheeks. There was no in between.)

“This?” he stretched it out, watching Calum frown. “Yeah, they’re really nice.”

“Give me the packet.”  He demanded.

The employee chuckled. “No way, rich bitch.”

“Why not?”

“Because you’re used to getting what you want. So here’s a slap in the face for ya.” He continued eating the lollies.

“Look . . . I’m getting them for my friend.” That line was usually used by customers to buy something like condoms or tampons. The girls who wore pads were more chilled about it, they just claimed they were going to try and act out that Libra Invisible pad ad. “He’s really sick and-and . . .”

“Heard that one before.” Michael chuckled, putting the packet under the compartment where his computer was. “Are you going to actually buy something, or what?”

“You are literally the rudest employee I’ve ever met.” The customer said, sounding almost shocked.

“I almost wondered why, and then I realised you’re out having tea parties with your mummy and daddy all of the time.” He smiled sarcastically. “If you don’t like me, go.” So he did, straight away.