sixteen

psyching myself out of the modelling course like waddup i got a big cock

WHEN MICHAEL ARRIVED AT the Hood house for the first day of his job, immediately Mrs Hood made him make her eggs ("Not too hard, honey; bet you wouldn't know about that. Right?") and bacon. He spat in the boiling water because he thought that Mrs Hood was a nice woman, but he realised a few things when she sort of fired him.

1.       She had never paid him once, only got those people to fix things that had just broke again the next day.

2.       She didn't want to pay him.

3.       She was a homophobic bastard.

4.       She made him believe she was the most giving rich person ever.

He felt stupid when he realised it, but it wasn't like he could say anything about it. He couldn't fight against the only source of income. He just smiled at her politely and began to clean up the kitchen. As soon as she left, he slumped onto the kitchen bench and groaned. Then, slowly, he picked himself back up and started to do some work again.

He'd done the kitchen, and now he was bored. The whole place was so spectacularly boring when he couldn't play with the expensive things they had. He knew he wouldn't even be able to touch the stereo or the CD player. Whatever, it had boring classical music anyway.

The front door burst open and Michael looked up.

Not even a week.

That was how long Michael had lasted without Calum, and he felt so weak. He'd been feeling sad and mopey and bored, and there seemed to be a tiny ache in his chest whenever he was without him. He was such a lovesick fool.

Now there Calum was, standing in the doorway with Ashton and Luke by his sides. The ache in his heart repaired itself quickly and sped his pulse up. He couldn't do what Char suggested. He couldn't tease him when all he wanted was to kiss him and hold him. He couldn't do that to him, because it was hard for him too. He bit his lip and looked down, chanting mentally to himself. Ignore him. Ignore him. Ignore him.

He had to. Mrs Hood would fire him if he even uttered a word to him — she made that very clear. He didn't want to. He really, really didn't want to.

"Hey, Michael."

The pale boy's blank expression faltered. He wasn't sure if his lips twitched to a smile or a frown, but he knew his cheeks had a slight red tinge to them. He took his eyes off of the magazines he'd been rearranging and looked up at him again. He smiled gently.

"I'm not allowed to talk to you."

Calum frowned. "Okay, can you go clean up my room with us, then?"

"I'll be up there in a sec." he mumbled and the boys headed up to the Rich Bitch's room without him.

He made sure the living room was clean before walking up to Calum's room. He opened the door and saw the boys pulling stuff out of the rich boy's cupboards. The Kiwi was stripping off his bed sheets and chucking them everywhere. The tall one was pulling stuff out of cupboards. The short one was putting all of the things that were hung up in his closet onto the ground.

"Oh no," said Luke sarcastically. "I guess Michael will just have to help us clean up."

"Oh no." the other two chorused.

He smiled at his stupid friends and walked in. He tucked his crush's sheets back in the bed only to have Calum pull them out again. Michael gave him an annoyed look because bed sheets were bitches to put back around the mattress. He knew the boy was only doing it because they wanted to spend more time with each other.