fifteen

*whispers aggressively* go read my story Murder. it was supposed to be Bluff but i don't like Bluff so

IT GOT HARDER AND HARDER TO ignore Calum as the next week came. He didn't start his job until that Saturday, but at school they had to be near each other because their best friends were dating. Ashton sneaked into school sometimes, and blended in with the crowd easily. Michael and Calum were there to make it less obvious, but they felt more awkward than ever. Sometimes he'd get Char to call him over so he had a reason to go, but all she'd do is tease him about the Kiwi.

But this time, she didn't even call him over, she just gestured things a few metres behind Calum in the hallway. He was blushing furiously, and the tanned boy wanted to know why, but he didn't want to ask. She held up her left hand that had 'MICHAEL' written on it to make a point and the left labelled 'CALUM' to create a hole. Oh no, Michael knew what was coming next. She put her finger inside the hole and made a face, mouthing 'Michael' over and over. Then she put two fingers in, then three. Michael covered his mouth when he saw that the three fingers didn't quite fit in the hole.  

She smirked, going into her locker and written something on a notepad. She held it up.

'MALUM 4 LYFE YO'

He bit his lip from laughing, but a giggle escaped. He held his middle finger up and she laughed, running away. "Yeah, you better run!" he called after her.  

Calum smiled small, muttering, "I can't wait to see you on Saturday." But Michael didn't hear it. He never did.

Michael chased Charlotte down the hallway and jumped onto her back. She groaned, dropping to the floor. "Ew, street-rat no, us street-rats must unite, not squash each other!"

People gave them nervous looks, wondering what the slutty druggie was doing with the poor gay guy. They both yelled at them, though, just wanting them to stop looking. The two teenagers started to laugh to themselves.

They had gotten a lot closer, lately. And it was even better that Calum hated her, because that was another reason to stay away from him. With Luke busy, and Calum not exactly loving him at the moment, Michael had turned to Charlotte. She had gone through some of the problems he had, and she gave good advice sometimes. He also liked being near someone who smelt like roses.

"You know you can stay at mine whenever you want." She offered at lunchtime. "I know Luke's pretty busy, and other shit is happening with the other guys. I can be like . . . your sister. I mean, you'll have two brothers as well, but they're irrelevant; I like you better."

"Your house like mine?" he asked, taking some of her cheap Black & Gold branded lollies.

"Nah. S'not a house first off, it's an apartment. Me and my two brothers live there and my youngest brother's three-year-old daughter. It's cosy, but you can sleep with me, yeah?"

He nodded. "Alright. What your brothers' names?"

"Matty and Andy. The little girl that will be annoying you is Adelaide."

He nodded. "'Kay, I'll come over tonight."

So, after school, Calum pretended not to see Charlotte and Michael leave together, so he could pretend not to be jealous. He stubbornly walked with Luke to Ashton's car and get in. The two street-rats ignored him however, making their way down the street. They made small-talk on the way, chatting about how stupid Calum was and how annoying winter was being. They reached the apartment block and walked up to the apartment 15A. She knocked on the door.

"Brothers!" she yelled in a high-pitched tone. "It's your favourite sister."

Her brother, Matty, opened the door. He looked nothing like her. Black ringlets fell over his soft-featured face. He had a lot thinner lips compared to her too. He also had the olive skin that she didn't.