Chapter- 1

Play " In the house in the heartbeat" by John Murphy.

You let out a sigh when you looked at your card . You were going to lose the game .

Jihye: What happened Y/n? Not have a good card to pass it down ?

Your sharp eyes averted towards her, staring into her with your cold looks .

Y/n: I have bad luck my queen , I'm not lucky as you are .

Queen Jihye smirked while looking at her cards.

Jihye: yeah! you all spawns have bad luck . King Jae-soo loves me more .

Kyulkyung: Jihye you won't be a beautiful queen of this palace from tomorrow.

*Jihye clutched her cards when king's second wife spoke*

Kyulkyung: King will marry her tomorrow . she's young , most beautiful lady of daejeon and our king was one who asked daejeon's king for y/n.

*Kyulkyung looked at you and smiled*

Jihye: *scoff* Your just jealous kyulkyung because king never loved you .

She said while dropping down the cards.

Kyulkyung: Of course , jihye . I never wanted a 42 year old man to love me . I have self respect unlike you .

You slightly smiled behind your cards when the eldest queen glared at the other queen .

Jihye: *smirk* Self respect? I married hime first because his mother liked me. you married my king so that your kingdom would get allied with Gwangju. And what about you young princess?

Your smiled dropped and your expression went back to cold ones.

Jihye: Didn't your father want to sign a treaty with Gwangju . Your kingdom is going under drought zone and your father want gwangju to re-open the kap-chion river. So your peasants would get water.

Jihye: So he sold his daughter for his kingdom . What a great king he is!

Now it's your turn to clutched the cards.

Y/n: Gwangju blocked the water years ago. Both of kingdom were friends again but husband didn't let the water of river come in our kingdom.

Y/n: Being greedy as he is , he asked 20 kilogram of gold coins from our wealth , took one of our palace. Daejeon doesn't trade slaves as my kingdom is not cruel. So he asked for me?

You leaned closer towards the table and whispered .

Y/n: My queen aren't you satisfying the old king that he asked a young princess for the marriage?

Jihye face reddened in anger. She bang her fist on the table making cards on the floor when she heard kyulkyung chuckling.

Jihye: You little-

???: Your highness!

You quickly turned around when you heard a familiar voice . You and kyulkyung got up when you saw the prince of Daejeon aka your brother standing at the door way looking down with right arm against his chest.

Jihye didn't bother ti stand up as she was attitude queen.

Jihye: Prince Seokjin? You came to meet your sister?

Jin: Yes, Queen Jihye

Kyulkyung: You don't have to be formal jin . You can have your sister .

You smiled at kind queen and walked near your brother. You both goes to your room to talk.