Ch. 2: repentance

Location: Aether foundation

Lillie's pov:

"Hellooo!!???!!" I yelled out at the empty streets around me.

I don't even know how I got here. One moment I was asleep in my room and now I'm outside in the darkness with the only form of light being the moon, and with seemingly no sign of people or pokemon.

"Anyone there??!!?" I yelled out in hopes of a response but instead just getting an echo of my voice.

Seeing as though there isn't anyone here I decided to walk through the desolate streets in hope of finding life.

As I continued to walk through the desolate streets a sense of familiarity surged through me.

I didn't know what it was as I couldn't make out any facilities around me, but as I continued to walk the lonely streets there was a street light on with a figure looming right under it.

"Excuse me?" I asked the figure.

As soon as I said that the figure started to run away.

"H-hey w-wait come back!!" I yelled at the figure. It seemed the figure didn't listen as it kept running.

As this was the only form of Pokemon of person I have found there was no way I was going to let them get away.

I started to take off after the figure in hopes to ask what's happening.

As I followed the figure it kept making consistent turns from left to right to right to left. I started to get tired real quick because of this while the figure didn't seem to slow down if anything it was getting faster.

"*pant**pant*." My pace was starting to get to a halt. But as this happened a bright light shined in front of me and I was now able to see my surroundings.

And let's say that the surrounding area was something unpleasant to see.

The area had many buildings for different things like a police station, a malasada shop, and a marine station.

"No," I said under my breath. This place, this place it was where IT happened.

The place where my life changed forever.

The place where a part of me was left missing.

The place where I lost,

...

him.

As I reminisce these memories the figure I was chasing a while ago appeared in front of me allowing me to now see the person's face in the luminous light of the sun.

I felt tears start to form in my eyes once I took a good look at who the person was.

This person.

It was a boy.

A boy that I thought I would never get to see.

A boy that kept me together.

A boy that I truly missed.

A boy I admired.

"...Ash..." I muttered slowly and shakily under my breath.

It was truly him.

Ash.

After such a long time I finally get to see him.

I was filled with glee that I finally got to see Ash again.

As I was celebrating internally about my reunion with Ash. I started to take a better look at this older Ash.

He was considerably taller and his hair seemed to grow out a bit more almost going all the way down to his shoulders.